• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MightyCon DuPage (Wheaton; Chicago suburb) - 10/12/2019
2 2

24 posts in this topic

When: Saturday, October 12, 2019

Hours: 10A - 5P

Where: DuPage County Faigrounds: 2015 Manchester Rd, Wheaton, IL  60187

Price: Adults $8; Under 12 are FREE

If you pre-order tickets online, you can get in 30 mins early to shop at 9:30A

I will be set up at this show with all ages of comics; magazines can be brought upon request.

If there is anything specific you are looking for, please let me know and I'll see what I have.

I will try to update this post with pictures as I price things out. See you there!

Slight change of plans, folks.

@jsilverjanet will be taking over my booth for this convention. New Different seller, same quality comics and quality deals.

I will still be at the show, but as an attendee.

@Stevemmg - If there are specific magazine titles you are looking for, send me a PM. If I have them, I can bring them to the show or meet up with you later.

Edited by manetteska
strikethrough

On 9/27/2019 at 12:49 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I will have at least a 12-14 short boxes of new priced books that have never been to a show. 

And 12-20 long boxes of 50 cent books that have never been to a show 

I thought you were doing Ace?

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

This is just a partial of the new stuff I’m bringing plus my existing stock and new long boxes of 50 cents books that have never been to a show 

Come on Hector - I can't make it this weekend but I see a ton of those $5 / $10 books I want!  Let me pick out a stack and I'll pay full price and shipping.

26 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Come on Hector - I can't make it this weekend but I see a ton of those $5 / $10 books I want!  Let me pick out a stack and I'll pay full price and shipping.

The deals are certainly at the $5 and $10 price points - There are plenty of good $3 books as well especially at the $2.50 price point 

not to mention the amount of good books in the 50 cent boxes - basically other dealers $2 books 

send me a list and I’ll sell whatever doesn’t sell 

Edited by jsilverjanet

9 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

This is just a partial of the new stuff I’m bringing plus my existing stock and new long boxes of 50 cents books that have never been to a show 

You should come out and do a show in my neck of the woods and you'd get twice the price for most of those books. It took me a while to realize that there's a significant Midwest discount on comics, and I really underpriced my stuff here. (I still have great prices, obviously...)

27 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The deals are certainly at the $5 and $10 price points - There are plenty of good $3 books as well especially at the $2.50 price point 

not to mention the amount of good books in the 50 cent boxes - basically other dealers $2 books 

send me a list and I’ll sell whatever doesn’t sell 

Nobody buy that Ghost Rider 2 for $5!

35 minutes ago, RCheli said:

You should come out and do a show in my neck of the woods and you'd get twice the price for most of those books. It took me a while to realize that there's a significant Midwest discount on comics, and I really underpriced my stuff here. (I still have great prices, obviously...)

I probably could get a $1 for most of them especially this bunch. I just don't want to sell half of them. I want to sell all of them or as much as I can at the show I do. I may be taking 18 boxes but I still have another 10 waiting to get sold not to mention the next collection I buy etc. So I like to move those books fast. Plus it really gets a crowd going at my booth and it draw more people to the booth.

Earlier this year I did a tote bag promo at my July show where you could fill the bag for $30 - you could basically fit about 100+ books in the bag. I did that promo on the final day of the show. I also gave the bag away to anyone who would follow us on Instagram.

18 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I probably could get a $1 for most of them especially this bunch. I just don't want to sell half of them. I want to sell all of them or as much as I can at the show I do. I may be taking 18 boxes but I still have another 10 waiting to get sold not to mention the next collection I buy etc. So I like to move those books fast. Plus it really gets a crowd going at my booth and it draw more people to the booth.

Earlier this year I did a tote bag promo at my July show where you could fill the bag for $30 - you could basically fit about 100+ books in the bag. I did that promo on the final day of the show. I also gave the bag away to anyone who would follow us on Instagram.

You have JSJ tote bags?!