• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade in - Vampirella Strikes #1
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I would say 9.6 as on the zoomed in top FC spine pic you can see cracking on the spine and what looks like black marks and some handling bends. Might get a 9.8 but with those defects I would put my expectation at a 9.6 

17 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I would say 9.6 as on the zoomed in top FC spine pic you can see cracking on the spine and what looks like black marks and some handling bends. Might get a 9.8 but with those defects I would put my expectation at a 9.6 

Thanks, to be honest my expectation was somewhere in the 9.0-9.4 seeing as I got it out a budget box.

I did opt for a press and clean, are those issues you mentioned something that could get sorted out by that?

6 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

Thanks, to be honest my expectation was somewhere in the 9.0-9.4 seeing as I got it out a budget box.

I did opt for a press and clean, are those issues you mentioned something that could get sorted out by that?

the crack/ stress on the spine no but I am not sure if that's a printing defect. My best guess would be no specially on a modern book But the black spots can you tell us what those are, if its dirt maybe the clean can take it off maybe its a printing defect hard to tell without it in hand but those are the things I noticed and would re inspect. 

what I would do is google a the book and see if the black marks are the cover art or production thing. From a quick google I think it is part of the artwork as I see a few of those spots on other covers.

16 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

the crack/ stress on the spine no but I am not sure if that's a printing defect. My best guess would be no specially on a modern book But the black spots can you tell us what those are, if its dirt maybe the clean can take it off maybe its a printing defect hard to tell without it in hand but those are the things I noticed and would re inspect. 

The black spots are definetly ink, whether its a defect or not I'm not sure but it's not dirt on the page as I did check for that before sending. It's something that you can see was printed and not put there after if that makes any sense.

I didn't notice any cracking must be the white the made it harder for me to see anything so if there is cracks hopefully the press fixes that.

4 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

The black spots are definetly ink, whether its a defect or not I'm not sure but it's not dirt on the page as I did check for that before sending. It's something that you can see was printed and not put there after if that makes any sense.

I didn't notice any cracking must be the white the made it harder for me to see anything so if there is cracks hopefully the press fixes that.

sorry cracking would be the wrong word to use but its a crease. might be ok since its white 

Edited by Krishosein

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

what I would do is google a the book and see if the black marks are the cover art or production thing. From a quick google I think it is part of the artwork as I see a few of those spots on other covers.

Did a quick google and found one on ebay at a 9.4 which looks better than mine :) it could be that is looks cleaner behind the CGC case and such but yeah it also has the ink blotches on it so I'm assuming that's part of the cover. Would love to know why it got a 9.4, no grader notes on it.

Returned way faster than I originally thought, was told only to expect this in January 2020 so this is a surprise, came back a 9.6, unfrotunately it did not go through any pressing process so I am really happy with the grade and the potential that with a press it may hit 9.8, thought it would come in lower

5glNfCT.jpg