• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going rates on being a noob on the boards
2 2

221 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

You're not being obsequious then. You're antagonizing someone when you're asking an open forum advice (or claiming that you accept advice) and selectively ignoring based on your emotions rather than logic. Are you not?

You want to fit in, but you want to call out a single person as to separate them from the pack? Do you not see the hypocrisy?

You made that topic because you thought you were right. You even claimed that he/she is wrong. It looks like you were wrong, correct?

You ACT like you're playing nice until it gets to the nitty gritty. Then you reveal your true nature and it's disturbing IMO.

I'll go back to my shell and let you think about this.

Actually there was mixed reviews on the subject, and while you are in your shell do some research on my interpersonal development with that particular board member and you'll notice a pattern developing where I do not comment on their threads unless it is in a kind manner and they comment on my threads in a condescending one.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Actually there was mixed reviews on the subject, and while you are in your shell do some research on my interpersonal development with that particular board member and you'll notice a pattern developing where I do not comment on their threads unless it is in a kind manner and they comment on my threads in a condescending one.

Since you didn't heed my advice about thinking about my post.....

The vast majority of us agree that what you did or were doing is unethical.

That user seems to dislike your topic based on, from what I can tell, constantly calling them "SPAM" and "bloviating". I don't really disagree with them there. This thread is a good example.

I don't think it matters WHO starts WHAT thread. If you only started informational threads I don't see how they could barge in obtrusively. 2c

Are you gonna base my posts on my join date, or the fact that I've been in the business for almost 30 years? Since being an internet "newb" seems to be your threshold of accepting advice.....

2 minutes ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

Since you didn't heed my advice about thinking about my post.....

The vast majority of us agree that what you did or were doing is unethical.

That user seems to dislike your topic based on, from what I can tell, constantly calling them "SPAM" and "bloviating". I don't really disagree with them there. This thread is a good example.

I don't think it matters WHO starts WHAT thread. If you only started informational threads I don't see how they could barge in obtrusively. 2c

Are you gonna base my posts on my join date, or the fact that I've been in the business for almost 30 years? Since being an internet "newb" seems to be your threshold of accepting advice.....

If you take the side of that board member I'm not going to heed your advice, ever! I dont care if you've been in the business 10,000 years or 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

???

I admitted I was wrong for using the tactics I did, I also admitted that had I known what I was doing was wrong than I wouldn't have done it.

I admitted what I thought I was doing was savvy, not unethical or shilling.

Admittance

I was wrong, will I do it again, no

Did I post the thread thinking I was right, Yes

14 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I admitted I was wrong for using the tactics I did, I also admitted that had I known what I was doing was wrong than I wouldn't have done it.

I admitted what I thought I was doing was savvy, not unethical or shilling.

Admittance

I was wrong, will I do it again, no

Did I post the thread thinking I was right, Yes

If you are wrong, then that would make the other person..... Right, right?

If the other person is right, why do you have a personal vendetta against someone who "takes sides" as you put it, with that person?

I'm not taking a side, but that other person WAS right. I tend to side with logic and reason, if you wanna put it that way.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:20 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

imagine a website without post counts, nor any information on when someone joined.

Imagine there's no heaven...

Er, I mean, yes. I think the number should be replaced with the label one needs the minimum to get to that label, but a number should never be displayed. So, once someone hits Total Noob, you know they have at least X number of posts, but beyond that, who knows? That way, a false importance on post count can't be entertained nor falsely ascribed to another user here.

:)

-slym (has more than once asked for his post-count to be reset to zero)

On 9/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, DR.X said:

could be, but some could not take the heat, and have vanished into a barren wasteland. its a good way to get involved in the boards though, and maybe win the prize of a lifetime. :screwy: that is if I run another contest. :wishluck:

:sorry:

-slym