• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terrific Productions And Youngblood

10 posts in this topic

Has anybody else been following this train wreck? I can't look away. It's obvious this guy is delusional and hasn't looked at the industry since the early 90's, and is just clueless as to how things work these days. And the Twitter account, dear lord! 

I had a look at some of the Google links, in particular Twitter, and the writing is incredibly hyperbolic.

Promising way too much and most likely setting themselves up for a quick fall. 

Being a cautious Brit, I'm never impressed with this kind of hubristic attitude.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I had a look at some of the Google links, and the writing is incredibly hyperbolic.

Promising way too much and most likely setting themselves up for a quick fall. 

Being a cautious Brit, I'm never impressed with this kind of hubristic attitude.

I've seen countless 'independent' startup type companies back when I wanted to draw comics.  Not a single one ever got off the ground.  Almost always they 'paid' artists in 'back end' pay-meaning when they started making money, which never happened.  Always started by some 'writer' who had a 'lifelong dream' and 'passion up the yin yang'.  They wanted artists to draw for free, to fuel their 'passion'.

To be fair, Kav, they did offer to make Ryan Stegman a star. They could do wonders for his career, as he's only Marvel's biggest talent at the moment. Small potatoes! 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/09/new-youngblood-publisher-offers-to-develop-ryan-stegman-if-he-can-draw-sequentials/

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I've seen countless 'independent' startup type companies back when I wanted to draw comics.  Not a single one ever got off the ground.  Almost always they 'paid' artists in 'back end' pay-meaning when they started making money, which never happened.  Always started by some 'writer' who had a 'lifelong dream' and 'passion up the yin yang'.  They wanted artists to draw for free, to fuel their 'passion'.

I'm waiting for them to start publishing Youngblood Masterpieces. :wishluck:

Edited by Ken Aldred

12 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

To be fair, Kav, they did offer to make Ryan Stegman a star. They could do wonders for his career, as he's only Marvel's biggest talent at the moment. Small potatoes! 

Yup.  He is rather good already.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/09/new-youngblood-publisher-offers-to-develop-ryan-stegman-if-he-can-draw-sequentials/

I wonder if they could do anything for Brie Larsen.

Terrific Productions will look up and shout "We're the next Image partner!"... and Erik Larsen will look down and whisper "No." 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/25/new-youngblood-publisher-terrific-production-llc-wants-to-be-the-next-image-partner/