• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marker choice

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, wondering if people bring/ask a signer to use a certain marker vs just letting the signer use whatever they have available. Tend to prefer a metallic ink but have had sigs with a plain black sharpie because that's what they were signing with. TIA.

19 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

The signers are usually well stocked and open to using whatever color I ask for.  I try to bring a few extras with me just incase they're out of a specific color.

Thanks, any specific pens you'd recommend? Last year Bill Sienkiewicz signed one of my books with some kind of white paint pen. It had a square body and came out quite nice. Anyone know what that might be?

12 minutes ago, feder241 said:

Thanks, any specific pens you'd recommend? Last year Bill Sienkiewicz signed one of my books with some kind of white paint pen. It had a square body and came out quite nice. Anyone know what that might be?

Yeah, I've got a few Sienkiewicz books signed with that pen. Unfortunately, I have no idea what specific brand / model it is. I'm just an old Sharpie guy.

I wouldn’t recommend painting pens for signature series books. There has been books in the past that have had the signature stick to the inner well of a CGC book and the signature lifted off of the comic book when the book was cracked out to add another signature.

There has also been issues with paint pens bleeding.

Edited by Catwomancomics