• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who would you ask to do a commission/sketch at NY comicon?

25 posts in this topic

Just now, Blastaar said:

Update? Who did you go with?

It didn't go the way I wanted. I decided to get two nice pieces: Dan Quintana and Jason Shawn Alexander. Both agreed to do something on Thursday, and I thought I would pick them up on Sunday. Then continue shopping on Sunday. Neither one was done. They were also late on Sunday, so I missed the chance to get a nice one by Peach Momoko because by the time they got there, there was no time left in her schedule. Likewise, I was too late for Jim Mahfood, who was adding color to his commission work. But, I did get a head shot by Quintana which I will post, and a page by Alexander which was not the Phantom Stranger which I will also post tonight. As for Quintana and Alexander, Alexander will send me something in a few weeks ($500 or so), and Quintana will do a regular ink commission for $850 with a wash effect. Peach will have to wait. Her stuff is stunning, although, it is not the sort of moody effect I like with Phantom Stranger commissions.

5 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

I also had a few artists I signed up for on Thursday but did not complete by Sunday. Maybe they are taking on more than they can handle?

Sure. A job is a job. Better to have too much than too little.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:51 AM, Blastaar said:

Alex Saviuk is a good dude and very affordable with quick turnarounds. I have been talking with him about a Web 70 cover redo.

He’s an amazing talent.