• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - FINAL ROUND 10
4 4

358 posts in this topic

Just now, WPPJames said:

You gotta have the book in hand I think. I've missed wildly both on the low and high end. But sometimes the "ability" to zoom in really close can cause you to magnify flaws out of proportion. At least that's the current excuse I'm going with.

Agreed. Use the zoom sparingly. And never make it the last look you take at the book. Always take one last look at the whole book. If i'd went with my gut on most of these rounds I would have scored much higher.

4 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

You gotta have the book in hand I think. I've missed wildly both on the low and high end. But sometimes the "ability" to zoom in really close can cause you to magnify flaws out of proportion. At least that's the current excuse I'm going with.

Sorry that excuse is taken! lol 

The 'rabbit's foot' defense-

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

I think trading "witticisms" with you has been the most enjoyable part of the contest for me.

Thank God it ends at noon on Friday :baiting:

It started out as a compliment and then-

23 hours ago, Azkaban said:

Sorry guys! I feel like I've let a few people down trying to defend the title, I wilted under the pressure :cry:

every round has been a positive but too many 1's and not enough 3's

:sorry:

giphy.gif

Azkaban, Azkaban,,,,Snap out of it.  You are still in this man.  It is hard to go back to back, but you are still in this. 

No one has crossed that goal line yet, anything can happen.

utah1.gif

OK. Since I'm throwing out darts at kav, I'll provide a glimpse into my verbal ineptitude. I was at an event with my wife's family in Michigan. Discussion was about airlines and which budget carriers were the worst. I attempted to get in a sentence about how Frontier sucked but was repeatedly interrupted. As usual. Finally, out of desperation, I blurted the words "I done flown" out of my mouth. That's as far as I got. Suddenly I went from not being able to get a word in to being the center of attention. "You done flown?" LOL. "Where you done flown to". LOL. "No, where you done flown from".

My original attempt was something like this: "I've flown with quite a few budget airlines and have discovered that Frontier is the least likely to acquire my business in the future". Instead, "I done flown" came out.

Edited by WPPJames

6 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

OK. Since I'm throwing out darts at kav, I'll provide a glimpse into my verbal ineptitude. I was at an event with my wife's family in Michigan. Discussion was about airlines and which budget carriers were the worst. I attempted to get in a sentence about how Frontier sucked but was repeatedly interrupted. As usual. Finally, out of desperation, I blurted the words "I done flown" out of my mouth. That's as far as I got. Suddenly I went from not being able to get a word in to being the center of attention. "You done flown?" LOL. "Where you done flown to". LOL. "No, where you done flown from".

My original attempt was something like this: "I've flown with quite a few budget airlines and have discovered that Frontier is the least likely to acquire my business in the future". Instead, "I done flown" came out.

You going? We fly you there!

You need to watch the Ghetto Delta video. lol

2 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

I wish I had. Then I could have told my wife's family that is what I was quoting.

Streaming Arrested Development right now. This classic just came up. "Well wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit".

24 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

LOOK I TRIED TO TALK NORMAL AND YOU WOULDNT LISTEN!!!  NOW YOURE LISTENING!!!  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

4 minutes ago, kav said:

LOOK I TRIED TO TALK NORMAL AND YOU WOULDNT LISTEN!!!  NOW YOURE LISTENING!!!  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

That's about 3 more exclamation marks than bulls-eyes that you have in this contest 

Edited by WPPJames

Just now, WPPJames said:

That's about 3 more exclamation marks than bulls-eyes you have in this contest 

You just better watch yourself!

69843504_1335492539957819_4000949494366601216_n.jpg