• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-man #14
1 1

21 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Hum not sure, where exactly do you mean? Thanks

You can see it most clearly in between the words "Wow!!" and "just" on the FC and in the sentence that reads "... that would give talented people the best professional art training." on the BC. 

5 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I am at 5.0-5.5. The page colour looks off-white to lightly tanned at the edges. Don't think that is the big concern with this book though. You've got enough general edge wear that bumps this down to this grade. 

Ok that would be great. When I bought it it was said to be VG- (3.5). I hope its off-white and not tanned. We will see what CGC thinks... Thanks for your opinion !

Just now, The-Collector said:

In any event I'm at 6.0-6.5 with a press. Spine looks nice, edges are pretty clean and the corners are not too rounded. Great book!

That would be amazing (no pun intended). For sure I will have cleaned and pressed professionnaly by CGC.

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I think at worst, 4.5 but its nice enough to be 5.0 for me. I think whoever graded it 3.5 greatly undergraded unless there is a cut coupon or something inside. 

I haven't checked for cut pages for coupons (yikes).

What other things should I check for ?

Here are some of my ideas

• Foxing
  • Ripped pages
  • Missing pages
  • Cut out pages (coupon or stamps)
  • Rusty staples

Do you have any other ideas?

This looks like a book that would benefit from a clean and press. I see one large crease on the back cover that seems consistent on the front cover, thereby logically meaning it goes completely through the book.

As is, I think it’s a FN- on a good day; with the press it’s a FN/FN+. PQ looks CR/OW to me.

4 minutes ago, TSwift25 said:

This looks like a book that would benefit from a clean and press. I see one large crease on the back cover that seems consistent on the front cover, thereby logically meaning it goes completely through the book.

As is, I think it’s a FN- on a good day; with the press it’s a FN/FN+. PQ looks CR/OW to me.

Hey thanks for your 2 cents :)  God I hope it's not cream (praying haha). Is it possible to clean the back you think? Or just do a press?

12 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Thanks Joe. Before or after a press.?

Actually, I think a dry cleaning might do more to raise the grade than a press will. It seems to me that the back may have a little dirt on it. If you use the presser that I use, dry cleaning comes with the pressing.

Joe

16 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Actually, I think a dry cleaning might do more to raise the grade than a press will. It seems to me that the back may have a little dirt on it. If you use the presser that I use, dry cleaning comes with the pressing.

Joe

Hi Joe. Which presser do you use? Thanks