• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walt Kelly Collection. Recap Page 10. 10/15 Percent Off!

190 posts in this topic

Animal Comics 2

Good/VG. So much to like here, especially the wrap-around cover. But I'm stuck on that grade because -- unlike most of the comics from that bound-volume -- that are a few tiny holes in the spine, the result of its removal. Pages don't quite get to off/white.

$95

animal2.jpg

animal2bc.jpg

animal2inter.jpeg

Animal Comics 1  Sold to SkOw

VG- ... but a classic, dated Dec.-Jan. 1941/1942. Once again, the spine issue. Two creases down the left side of the front cover. A color chip missing at the top edge, and a tear at the left top of the front cover. Tanning at the edges of otherwise COW pages.

$240

animal1.jpg

animal1bc.jpg

Edited by SteveDuin

That's all for tonight.  Back tomorrow with quite a few more Walt Kelly books.

As I said, I won't send out invoices until Sunday at the earliest, so winners can relax for a few days and see if there are any other books they like.

Thanks one and all for trailing the thread tonight.

Continuing with the Walt Kelly books. As I noted earlier, I won't be sending out invoices until this closes down over the weekend.

New Funnies 82 Sold to Robot Man

Good/Very Good. Cover detached. OW/White pages. Stains along spine. Date stamp. Brownies by Walt Kelly from the late '40s.

$12

newfriends82.jpg

Edited by SteveDuin

New Funnies 84

VG/VG+. Bright colors. OW/white pages. Pencils on interior of the front cover make for that blemish on the cover. Slight staple pull. The light creases and wear you'd expect. Brownies by Kelly. And that problematic interior art.

$25

newfriends84.jpg

newfriends84bc.jpg

newfunnies84int.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

12 minutes ago, SteveDuin said:

Continuing with the Walt Kelly books. As I noted earlier, I won't be sending out invoices until this closes down over the weekend.

New Funnies 82

Good/Very Good. Cover detached. OW/White pages. Stains along spine. Date stamp. Brownies by Walt Kelly from the late '40s.

$12

newfriends82.jpg

newfriends82bc.jpg

Take it!

Four Color 50  Sold to Batarag

Good/Very Good. Fairy Tale Parade from 1944. Stains on interior pages, and dirt on the back cover. But the art is gorgeous, especially on the Sinbad and Nightingale stories.

$30

fourcolor50.jpg

Edited by SteveDuin