• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much influence do these boards have...
4 4

144 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2019 at 12:25 AM, Junkdrawer said:

on books that you would’ve  never purchased but it not for these boards you would not have been aware even existed, and only because you learned of it here, you now own it. Sorry if that do t make sense.

The boards have opened my eyes to so many things. My real collecting was 1973-80 or so, and I was primarily a Marvel zombie to the point where I passed on so many great books. I returned to collecting in '08, when I joined this board, and I had no idea people took Archie comics seriously, or that things like Fiction House or Centaur even existed. I'm pretty much just a tourist now, I rarely ever buy anything, but if I did I would probably start with a Ricksneatstuff thread, books I never would have given a second glance to back when I was more active.

Edited by mackenzie999

12 hours ago, kav said:

Ahem

I just started to read that thread lol was funny and wow learned a bit about Kav… have to say that Mad panel I liked it specially the set your house of fire to understand what your covered for :roflmao:. Although I thought you drew the images as well it, but it only put you as a writer? 

3 hours ago, Krismusic said:

I just started to read that thread lol was funny and wow learned a bit about Kav… have to say that Mad panel I liked it specially the set your house of fire to understand what your covered for :roflmao:. Although I thought you drew the images as well it, but it only put you as a writer? 

Originally I drew the panels and submitted them.  Mad had Monte redraw my panels-they liked his art better.