• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever wanted to own an authentic arcade machine but couldn't afford it?
3 3

40 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

Was this a follow up to the Midway Arcade Classics made years ago for PS2, XBox, etc? That's got so many cool games it's worth getting an old console just to play that collection.

Check this out!Jeffro shared this link to me a while ago,I love it,hope you enjoy!

http://www.free80sarcade.com/all2600games.php

13 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Check this out!Jeffro shared this link to me a while ago,I love it,hope you enjoy!

http://www.free80sarcade.com/all2600games.php

Holy !  Galaga, Defenders, etc., etc.  Only missing Plieades.  Guess I've gotta go buy an Atari console.  PM's encouraged!

5 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

Holy !  Galaga, Defenders, etc., etc.  Only missing Plieades.  Guess I've gotta go buy an Atari console.  PM's encouraged!

You can play them right on your computer screen friend!I just had a round of Alien!Not sure if it works on handhelds,but was fine on the laptop.

I know,I'm behind on my messages :sorry:

16 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm going to Walmart tomorrow,and guess what I'm hoping to find!?!

I love the  joystick boxes that have multi games that plug into the back of the television but the ones I found didn't have Q-bert or Rampage! :banana:We never had any of the originals either,so I will live the dream now!

Do it!!!

And speaking of multi games that plug into the back of a television, BlowUpTheMoon posted this in my other thread in the Water Cooler.  It looks like Amazon has a bunch of them for sale.

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Do it!!!

And speaking of multi games that plug into the back of a television, BlowUpTheMoon posted this in my other thread in the Water Cooler.  It looks like Amazon has a bunch of them for sale.

I passed on the Froggers ect,they were a little less of what I was hoping for,but Mrs Porcupine found and bought this somewhere in the clearance area while I was running around fruitlessly searching for those DC 100 pagers-truely not available in Canada :frown:-thing is,it went home in our friends car(yes,I have a few outside of here left lol ) and I have to wait till Christmas time! :flamed:

0618f5ac-f21e-481a-9153-5452014d0f8b_1.5

Edited by porcupine48

52 minutes ago, Fiddy said:
2 hours ago, piper said:

The game that hungered for my quarters...

I love this game.  I could never beat the second Sinistar. 

One of my favorites as well. 

The sound effects alone were worth the quarter.:cloud9:

I was at an auction and a double Deer Hunter came up - went for $7

I'd have bought it except I'd of had to remove a double window to get it in the house as way too big for the doors...which is probably why it went for $7......doh!

1a.thumb.jpg.5d220e286a283d716acb03461a5fd075.jpg

Well,this thread inspired me to clic a couple pics.Maybe my EARLIEST video game,no screen or graphics,just some lights.Five double A batteries I think lol

73249405_601818110562165_58358062352821174209114_461199564602489_723006476974974

I gave it a good cleaning after the pictures,shame,SHAME!

5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Well,this thread inspired me to clic a couple pics.Maybe my EARLIEST video game,no screen or graphics,just some lights.Five double A batteries I think lol

73249405_601818110562165_58358062352821174209114_461199564602489_723006476974974

I gave it a good cleaning after the pictures,shame,SHAME!

Nice!  I had a football one, but unfortunately it got tossed out a long time ago.

27 minutes ago, Fiddy said:

Nice!  I had a football one, but unfortunately it got tossed out a long time ago.

Thanks!This one my partners boss found in his moms basement and he gifted to me,as we've been friendly for like fifteen years.I always have my eye open for stuff like this at second hand stores,but it's drying up.Even Playstation ones get snatched up or put in the display cases now.Damn getting older business!

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Thanks!This one my partners boss found in his moms basement and he gifted to me,as we've been friendly for like fifteen years.I always have my eye open for stuff like this at second hand stores,but it's drying up.Even Playstation ones get snatched up or put in the display cases now.Damn getting older business!

I'm glad I kept most of my game systems.  The only one I don't have is my Atari 2600, but I kept all of my home consoles.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep the single game hand helds.

Nearly three years after starting this thread, I finally got my hands on my first Replicade 1/6th scale arcade game.

Link to my full review of it can be found here.