• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Profiles in History Dec 2019
2 2

364 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I mean, frankly, even if this was my favorite piece of comic art in the whole wide world, I don't think I could wrap my head around spending what it would take to get it given my other interests, responsibilities and priorities.  And, so, hence, you can cross me off the list of people who can, more than just theoretically, really afford this piece.  Unless I win the Powerball before December, and then all bets are off. :D   

You're doing this "Message Board Big Baller" thing all wrong. Doesn't matter if you'd actually spend the money. Hell, doesn't matter if you actually have the money. You gotta fake it 'til you make it, bro. If you don't believe in the Powerball then Powerball ain't gonna believe in you. 

Complete with Aquarium Platforms...yo.

1355047674_aquariumplatforms.gif.4c059ce9841530638baa809e7e6bea4a.gif

18 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

You're doing this "Message Board Big Baller" thing all wrong. Doesn't matter if you'd actually spend the money. Hell, doesn't matter if you actually have the money. You gotta fake it 'til you make it, bro. If you don't believe in the Powerball then Powerball ain't gonna believe in you. 

Complete with Aquarium Platforms...yo.

1355047674_aquariumplatforms.gif.4c059ce9841530638baa809e7e6bea4a.gif

The Batman 251 is mine! If I win powerball. If not I’ll take the platforms as consolation.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

The Batman 251 is mine! If I win powerball. If not I’ll take the platforms as consolation.

These would go GREAT with those platforms...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/us/michael-jackson-socks-auction-trnd/index.html

Michael Jackson's socks from his first on-stage moonwalk are up for auction. They could fetch $2 million

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Michael Jackson's socks from his first on-stage moonwalk are up for auction. They could fetch $2 million

I’m old enough to remember that awards show. I was sitting on the floor and when he “moonwalked” I sprung to my feet!

my mouth was open!

For the hat, gloves, etc yeah $2,000,000

For the socks? $2.99

13 minutes ago, grapeape said:

I’m old enough to remember that awards show. I was sitting on the floor and when he “moonwalked” I sprung to my feet!

my mouth was open!

For the hat, gloves, etc yeah $2,000,000

For the socks? $2.99

I hope he had on "odor eaters".

1 minute ago, Rick2you2 said:

I hope he had on "odor eaters".

The person that buys the socks probably hopes MJ wasn’t wearing odor eaters.

:facepalm:

Theres freaks out there I tell ya buying Superman shaped Cheetos on eBay.

:takeit:

38 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I'll take the under on $2 million or even $1 million, especially with renewed clouds hanging over MJ's reputation in an era which is taking these things much more seriously than in the past. Sounds like auction house hype to me. 

Just now, delekkerste said:

I'll take the under on $2 million or even $1 million, especially with renewed clouds hanging over MJ's reputation in an era which is taking these things much more seriously than in the past. Sounds like auction house hype to me. 

Sure, but it's only 2 Frankenstein Covers or 3 or 4 Bats 251 covers. Puts it in (twisted and strange) perspective, no? 

20 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I have to agree. I can see bragging about a lot of things. But, “yeah I’m the guy that won the MJ moonwalk socks” surely isn’t one of them.

The wife is already curious about my new found Sal Buscema obsession. What the hell would she say if I bid on socks???

8 minutes ago, grapeape said:

What the hell would she say if I bid on socks???

"Mr. GrapeApe, 

Take me now!   Ravish me!"

Edited by Bronty

35 minutes ago, grapeape said:

I have to agree. I can see bragging about a lot of things. But, “yeah I’m the guy that won the MJ moonwalk socks” surely isn’t one of them.

The wife is already curious about my new found Sal Buscema obsession. What the hell would she say if I bid on socks???

That depends. Was Sal drawing the Cap154 cover when he was wearing them?

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Sure, but it's only 2 Frankenstein Covers or 3 or 4 Bats 251 covers. Puts it in (twisted and strange) perspective, no? 

I'll be surprised if they end up even at 0.2 Frankenstein covers, let alone 2 of them.  Starting bid at $100K, and a no-name online auction site thinks they can get $2 million in an environment where some radio stations have stopped playing his music after the documentary that came out...ummmm, no.  

Six iconic Kurt Cobain sweaters (if 5 more existed) or one pair of crystal-studded MJ socks that no one even remembered until this article came out...$2 million is a pipe dream.  

Edited by delekkerste

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

I'll be surprised if they end up even at 0.2 Frankenstein covers, let alone 2 of them.  Starting bid at $100K, and a no-name online auction site thinks they can get $2 million in an environment where some radio stations have stopped playing his music after the documentary that came out...ummmm, no.  

Six iconic Kurt Cobain sweaters (if 5 more existed) or one pair of crystal-studded MJ socks that no one even remembered until this article came out...$2 million is a pipe dream.  

Now that I think about it. I think that's the next big fad....dead celebrity clothes. First one to fashion a spring wardrobe wins.

What they win I have no clue. 

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

The lesson I see here is that it must be cheaper to create your own auction website than pay a real one their seller's commission. I love that the CNN link autoplays a negative story on MJ as well.