• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ryan Kincaid sketch and signed cover

10 posts in this topic

I have this comic, and so far can't seem to locate any information, I put in X-Men 7 (3/11) signature series for sketch and sign by Ryan Kincaid and sure enough one pops up, same name, different cover, with the four characters and signatures of the artist, is there anyone out there that knows anything, cause I'm a total greenhorn. Thanks Y'all! HG74

20191103_040317.jpg

It’s incredibly difficult to know what you’ve done and what you’re  asking from what you’ve written.

but if there is a discrepancy in the Cgc #, that might be a question you should ask Cgc directly about.

but seriously, lay out your questions VERY EXPLICITLY. 

Ok I think I solved it.

the comic you have was originally A blank cover, specifically published for the purpose of one day having someone draw and/or sign on the cover.

At some point, someone got Ryan Kincaid to draw on the cover and then they submitted the comic to CGC under the CGC signature series program.

so what you have now is a X-men 7 blank variant with an x-23 cover drawing by Ryan Kincaid CGC SS 9.6.

naturally, every customer could have choseN to something different with their blank comic, and the every drawing is different even if done by the same artist.  So the comic is unique and will not exactly match any other comic cover you see, even if you enter specific search parameters.  

you are likely interested in the potential price you could sell it for.

well you can look for the price similar sketch covers From that artist sell for on eBay to to get an idea.  Or you can add his current drawing fees to the Cgc SS submissions fees and add/subtract 30% to get a ball park figure.

you can dig around the SIGNATURE ROOM SUBFORUM  and the Cgc website and eBay for more info.

good luck

what is HG74...

but yeah I think Jeffro and revat pretty much summed up what you have there. 

Also welcome to the boards!

:tink:

43 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

what is HG74...

but yeah I think Jeffro and revat pretty much summed up what you have there. 

Also welcome to the boards!

:tink:

if I had to bet, I'd say HG stands for Harley Girl, and HG74 is one of his/her handles for various online mediums, and they were either born in 1974 OR were the 74th person to try to get HG as a handle, with a small chance of them having been born on July 4th (very small chance). 

4 minutes ago, revat said:

if I had to bet, I'd say HG stands for Harley Girl, and HG74 is one of his/her handles for various online mediums, and they were either born in 1974 OR were the 74th person to try to get HG as a handle, with a small chance of them having been born on July 4th (very small chance). 

ahh.. I didn't think of that.. quite possibly I guess we will have to wait for Harley Girl to confirm if they come back to the boards..