• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Added Nice, Vintage MAD Mags! MAD Imitator Mags! Comic Magazines Warren, Marvel, Peterson, Curtis and others
1 1

91 posts in this topic

SOLD via PM!

Blazing Combat #3 April 1966 Warren Pubs

Awsome Frazetta cover. Interior art by Crandall, Severin, Williamson, Wood, Torres and others. Great short run title! About as close to an EC as is possible. Was sorry to see it end.

A real nice, flat, clean, tight copy. Tight, smooth spine with just a few tiny nicks. Just the very slightest wear to back top edge of cover.

$45.

blazingcombat3a.jpg

blazingcombat3b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Creepy #3 1965 Warren Pubs

Frazetta cover. Interior art by Williamson, Evans, Davis, Crandall, Orlando and Morrow. Does anything else quite come as close to an EC as these did?

A very sharp, nice copy with just a few small non-color breaking bends. Tight and no tears or creases.

WAS $40.   NOW $35.

creepy3a.jpg

creepy3b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Creepy #11 1966 Warren Pubs

Frazetta cover. Crandall, Ditko, Morrow, Orlando, Severin, Williamson, Wood and others.

This one has several corner creases especially on right side of cover. Several small spine nicks. A couple tiny edge tears on back cover. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Nice, supple paper.

$20.

creepy11a.jpg

creepy11b.jpg

Creepy Yearbook #1 Summer-Fall 1967 Warren Pubs

Reprints the best tales from the earliest issues of this classic magazine.

A nice, solid, clean copy with tight spine. Has a small tear at base of spine, a few small spine nicks, a few light bends that do not break color and a tiny tear in bottom on back cover about 1/8" of an inch.

$20.

creepyyearbook1.jpg

creepyyearbook2.jpg

Cartoons Magazine #6 June-July 1962 Peterson Magazines

Great humor magazine for gear heads. These were VERY popular back in the day. Full of great "car" gags. So tough to find these anymore.

This one has a near complete split spine. A couple tiny edge and corner tears. Some minor damage to upper back left cover.

$20.

cartoons6a.jpg

cartoons6b.jpg

SOLD via PM!

Cartoons #26 Dec 1965 Petersen Pubs

Cool Christmas cover! Alex Toth art.

A sharp, clean, bright, glossy tight copy. A couple minor spine bends that do not break color. A few small spine nicks. Smooth spine. Book and centerfold snug to covers.

$20.

cartoons26a.jpg

cartoons26b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Surftoons January 1969 Petersen Pubs  I think this might be the first issue as there is no number on it.

For the more water oriented humor enthusiast... Great Christmas cover featuring all the things a young gremmie such as myself wanted Santa to bring me when I was a kid. (We were lucky, got to surf in December)...

A real nice copy but has a small, wouldn't you know it, waterstain at bottom inside front cover as well as a small bug chew. A very light "subscription" crease that does not break color. Bright, glossy and tight otherwise.

WAS $15.   NOW $10.

surftoons1.jpg

surftoons2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

3-D Batman 1966 edition

Covers neatly split and detached. A little water damage. A few tiny edge tears. Nice, clean interior pages. Does it have the glasses? Well, kinda. The original glasses are still attached but some fool tore out the colored lenses.  (shrug) Unlike most of these 3-D mags, it is very readable even without the glasses. Looks good "in the bag"...

$15.

batman3d1.jpg

batman3d2.jpg

OK, that is all I have for today. I have another box of similar mags out in the garage that need to go as well. Including a bunch of early MADs and obscure MAD imitators if there are any folks who also like those as much as I do. Let me know.

Now, on to my other thread in Mixed where I have a ton of stuff to post.

I want to part with this stuff (in both threads), so don't be shy making me offers especially on piles...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Cartoons #26 Dec 1965 Petersen Pubs

Cool Christmas cover! Alex Toth art.

A sharp, clean, bright, glossy tight copy. A couple minor spine bends that do not break color. A few small spine nicks. Smooth spine. Book and centerfold snug to covers.

$20.

cartoons26a.jpg

cartoons26b.jpg

:takeit:I'll take it per pm

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Blazing Combat #3 April 1966 Warren Pubs

Awsome Frazetta cover. Interior art by Crandall, Severin, Williamson, Wood, Torres and others. Great short run title! About as close to an EC as is possible. Was sorry to see it end.

A real nice, flat, clean, tight copy. Tight, smooth spine with just a few tiny nicks. Just the very slightest wear to back top edge of cover.

$45.

blazingcombat3a.jpg

blazingcombat3b.jpg

On 11/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, Robot Man said:

Tales of the Zombie #6 July 1974 Marvel/Curtis

Hot GGA and Zombies! Who could ask for more.

A real nice bright, flat, glossy, tight copy. No tears or creases. Has a small bend in upper right corner that does not break color. A few small spine nicks and a bend at spine where book was opened and read. Nothing color breaking. A press would greatly improve this one.

$15.

talesofzombie1.jpg

talesofzombie2.jpg

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Great scores.I hmmed and hawed on the Conan myself.

Waiting for the Mad imitator Monster books if there's any :ph34r:

Never hem and haw Jimmers, just poof just like that it's gone...

I will try to post some more mags when I get done with my Mixed thread.