• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pease grade my mister miracle #8

10 posts in this topic

hello the pages are "white" you'll notice the pages extend a little past the edge the centerfold is a little off kilter but it is firmly attached just stapled a little crooked, no tears or splits, the yellow in the white lettering is not that visible with the naked eye I didnt even notice it until I took the scan now for your grading pleasure mm8front.jpg

the back cover has a stain by the bottom staple that is rust migration the top part of the top staple has rust

mm8back.jpg

I just couldn't go higher than 6.5 with that water spot right by the staple.

Just as bad to me as a small piece of tape.

Rust is a coming... tongue.gif

Rust is a big, bad no-no as far as CGC are concerned...

6.5 sorry.gif

Yup - just clean those staples up a bit, and put it back in its Mylar sumo.gif Not a bad copy to cover that spot in the run thumbsup2.gif

how would I clean up the staples? would I have to remove it? crazy.gif

I've come to realize that I like the books event if they are not all 9.4/9.6/9.8 they are still cool to look at I've seen many books posted by other forum members that are low grade but are still cool as long as they present nice thumbsup2.gif

I would leave it how it is. I agree that it could still be low grade and still present nicely. I don't get the obession that so many have with getting a 9.8 and not a 9.6, or something like that. As long as it looks nice I'll go for it. I say, keep this book how it is.