New Record for Marvel Comics 1
5 5

170 posts in this topic

16,054 posts
22 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Was there a board consensus If the bottom front cover was trimmed ?

No consensus,in fact there was a tendency to try to brush this whole situation under a carpet..But a couple of very knowledgeable boardies know the whole story and that the Tec was trimmed. 

1,018 posts
15 hours ago, Hepcat said:

The now common "All I care about is the number and colour of the label" thinking.

:whistle:

Y’all are funny. Do you think there are people out there with the means to buy that book who want one who said to themselves “I think I’ll wait for a better one to come along”.  I think they are just looking at it like it will be a long, long, long time before a better one comes to market.

21,900 posts
6 minutes ago, Moondog said:

I think it's cool that books I once owned have changed hands for a million (or close to a million) bucks (MC 1, Cap 1, Batman 1, etc.).  No sour apples/grapes here!

I was hoping you would come on and post here Gary. Great attitude about it. Who would have ever thought a comic would sell for a million bucks.(shrug)

At least you can say, you originally found it and owned it for a while. 

Do you still have any of the Windy City books that you just didn’t want to sell?

7,880 posts
1 hour ago, Westy Steve said:

Y’all are funny. Do you think there are people out there with the means to buy that book who want one who said to themselves “I think I’ll wait for a better one to come along”.  I think they are just looking at it like it will be a long, long, long time before a better one comes to market.

No. I think they simply don't care whether and how the comic has been cosmetically "enhanced" because they don't care about the comic, only the encased label.

:frown:

2,654 posts
53 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

So it was cleaned? Why wasn't that disclosed?

And the fact that it was "naked for years" certainly points to some sort of flaw, possibly of character.

Because dry-cleaning a comic book is even less invasive than washing a car. There is no need, what-so-ever, to have to disclose proper dry-cleaning.

9,302 posts
1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

So it was cleaned? Why wasn't that disclosed?

And the fact that it was "naked for years" certainly points to some sort of flaw, possibly of character.

Ya know Richard, when you open up a comic, you are altering it's natural original closed state. When you close the comic back up you are RESTORING it back to it's natural state.  So I guess any comic that has been opened has been "tampered" with & restored back to it's original state!   

Next, let's talk about how the oils in your finger tips chemically alter the comics original chemical composition!

My advice to you Richard is not to open your comics to read them, & certainly don't touch them with your NAKED skin as that certainly points to some sort of flaw, possibly of character.!

I love this stuff! (thumbsu

35,766 posts
10 minutes ago, Timely said:

Ya know Richard, when you open up a comic, you are altering it's natural original closed state. When you close the comic back up you are RESTORING it back to it's natural state.  So I guess any comic that has been opened has been "tampered" with & restored back to it's original state!   

Next, let's talk about how the oils in your finger tips chemically alter the comics original chemical composition!

My advice to you Richard is not to open your comics to read them, & certainly don't touch them with your NAKED skin as that certainly points to some sort of flaw, possibly of character.!

I love this stuff! (thumbsu

:idea:

2,654 posts
24 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Good to know. Thanks!

I just assumed that at this point there has been a majority acceptance that dry cleaning is undetectable. (shrug)

Edited by Phill the Governor
words

35,766 posts
40 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:
1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Good to know. Thanks!

I just assumed that at this point there has been a majority acceptance that dry cleaning is undetectable. 

I have never seen one of Timely's dry cleaning jobs. For all I know he left big dust smears all over the cover.

21,900 posts

Just caught this on the news. Now everyone with a box of "funny books" is going to think they won the lottery...:roflmao: