• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Romita 27x19 Wolverine on eBay Auction....Real or Fake?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

yeah, without even looking at the 'Romita' piece the sellers negative feedback for selling fakes and current listings that include Picasso, Warhol, Banksy & Watterson is all you need to see to know that you should run far far away.  not to mention all the listings also include typical scammer CYA statements like "no COA, offered as in the manner of" or "this is being sold as a souvenir painting attributed to X, this is not being sold as a painting painted by X", "this was purchased at an estate sale/flea market/street fair/etc."

2 hours ago, MagnusX said:

I want to bid in this piece;
but instead I am going to put my money
in the Pablo Picasso, the Andy Warhol, Moebius or Banksy.

This seller have everything...

:flipbait:

Just got online to see this thread...I'd say the WHITE image TO GERARD is most likely by John Romita Sr.... and the yellowish one is most likely fake.

even though both are  quick over-sized marker drawings...most likely done at one of the big hotel shows Romita used to attend and do.....the white one..you can just see the lines are more defined and corners are more defined....and the yellow one it's just off a little bit.......

We really cant tell from scans provided if either of them have quick PENCILS underneath the markers,  as john would almost always quickly pencil the layout before using his marker, and you cant really see it on these.

I have this similar era LARGE 1988 drawing for sale on my website... (not a plug,  just pointing out another image for comparison purposes) and with this REAL JOHN drawing..... John pencils it...Then he uses a fine tip ink marker...Then thick marker for finishes.

http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=22314&ArtistId=947&Details=0&From=Room 

Edited by romitaman

They are all totally real. You should buy them Blastaar. Buy them all.

Even the Gordon Gecko image inscribed to Gene. You can use it as trade bait later. Pay whatever it takes. It'll be totally worth it in the long run.
If you need Certificates of Authenticity, I know a guy.

Edited by ESeffinga