• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haven't left a negative feedback on eBay for a long time....that may be changing soon.

63 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, Domo Arigato said:

This wasn't a comic but I thought the situation was interesting and hadn't seen this particular "method" used before on eBay.  Here are the facts so far:

I purchased an inexpensive (under $15) phone case on eBay on November 16th......it came with free shipping and said the item location was in California.

Seller only had 10 feedbacks.  All were positive, but only 2 were from selling (not great but everyone has to start somewhere).

On his feedback page, I saw that he joined eBay in August but only noticed his location was listed as Israel after I made the purchase (first red flag since the item page said the item was located in California).

On November 19th the seller sent me an email......he thanked me and let me know that he shipped my package (his item page did say it might take up to 5 days to ship)......my eBay page also updated with a USPS tracking number.

Today (two days later on November 21st).......there was still nothing showing for the USPS tracking number, other than the label had been created but that the item was not in the USPS system yet (second red flag)

I emailed the seller earlier today to ask if the item was actually shipped yet and WHERE it was shipping from.

I then checked the sellers feedback again and saw that one feedback had just been added to it......a Neutral feedback stating "Really fast shipping! But I didn’t receive the case I ordered". (third red flag)

No reply from the seller yet, but I did see that the USPS tracking had finally been updated with the following

Processed Through Facility
GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA
Your item has been processed through a facility in GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA 
(I'm losing count....but I believe that's the fourth red flag)

Ok, so at this point, I'm not looking for the item to arrive in a timely manner.  If it's the correct item when it does arrive, I have to decide if I'll leave a positive or neutral feedback (I don't like being lied to).  If it's the wrong item, I don't care if it's a $5 item or a $5,000 item, the boot licker is getting an instant negative feedback for lying to me, for wasting my time, and to warn others about this scammer.

To be continued.....

I am going through a similar issue now as well, and with a phone case also.  I bought it from the seller because he showed a NY address and I figured a few days to get to Mass.  Well, 10 days later...it is supposed to show up on Friday.  I will see when and where the ship date/locale is before leaving other than positive feedback. 

On 11/27/2019 at 12:54 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Negatives and neutrals are rolling in for the seller fast and heavy now. :ohnoez:

EbaySeller.thumb.jpg.f91f62365bcd80d3c6c3f9717e83b3d2.jpg

Seller's store (which had hundreds of phone cases for sale) is now empty. 

It looks like he moved on to a new eBay scammer account to start the process over.  This one has 14 positive feedbacks (3 from selling)......same M.O......Account was started in July and is listed as being from Israel......and all of his items (over 700) are listed as coming from California.

Here's a link to the new scammer account.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Gravin said:

As someone mentioned earlier - definitely a drop shipper. Could be an honest n00b mistake. (If his drop ship company is based in the US, he could be incorrectly assuming that is the shipping location.) 

Well......I think we can rule out an "honest noob mistake".

I finally got my refund from eBay for this jackwagon's scam.  I also left him a big fat negative.....not that it even matters at this point.

When I first bought the item, he didn't have a single negative or neutral.  Here's what the anus-licker's feedback looks like now:

toby_b39 feedback profile

Once he started getting negatives on that account, he moved his entire 700+ item store to a new scammer account here:

sergio_h63 feedback profile

And, since that account has now received a bunch of negatives, he closed down that store and moved his 700+ items to his latest scammer account here:

howste_36 feedback profile

If you keep an eye on that account, I guarantee the negatives will start rolling in soon (it currently has none).  I reported several of the listings under this latest account and detailed to eBay what this gravy-sucking scumbag is doing and pointed out his multiple scammer accounts......but of course, eBay doesn't give a flying rat fart about any of it and has done nothing.  

On 12/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, Domo Arigato said:

If you keep an eye on that account, I guarantee the negatives will start rolling in soon (it currently has none). 

And so it begins....

I've had great luck on ebay buying items from China.  They usually arrive within a week after shipping.   I like to buy skate style stickers because you can get 300 hi quality vinyl stickers for $12.  My Jenises $14 watch from China keeps better time than a Rolex.  Still, sellers need to be honest abt their location.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I've had great luck on ebay buying items from China.  They usually arrive within a week after shipping. 

I was provided with tracking for my original purchase......here's what it currently shows:

Tracking.jpg.f7d71dc5eebef4c3ad950e7f46bcfaa9.jpg

I'm finding myself in a similar boat, also over a cell phone case.  High volume seller, 1.8 million sales (with 99.1% positive).  Item location is the UK, it shipped from.....Orlando Florida!?!?!?!?!?  Anyway the case gets here, and the box is marked with my phone model.  Put the case on the phone and....half the holes are in the wrong place (headphone jack on the wrong side entirely). 

Seller responded to my return request (wasn't expecting that), and is saying it's 'clearly my fault' for ordering the wrong item (I did send photo's, including my phone displaying its model ID).  Seller is saying I'm to pay for shipping back to......the UK.  Expecting to escalate to ebay when I'm able on the 1st, but fingers still crossed.... 

I'm in Washington State, no word yet on what it'll cost to ship to the UK, seller is saying it'll be deducted from my refund.  Case was only $15, not a huge loss.  Very tempting to just drop the matter and leave a negative (my first in 22ish years using ebay :preach:).  I don't think the seller is a scammer (more likely under-staffed), but I am mad.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:28 PM, Domo Arigato said:

And, since that account has now received a bunch of negatives, he closed down that store and moved his 700+ items to his latest scammer account here:

If you keep an eye on that account, I guarantee the negatives will start rolling in soon (it currently has none). 

Scamming crapweasel just got his second negative on that account. 

He's now moved most of his listings from that account to his newest scumbag scammer account under the name of willard_v

It currently has no negatives on it, but again, that will change soon.  I hope he gets gonorrhea on the back of his eyeballs.

And a big thanks to eBay for doing absolutely dicksquat about this guy when I reported what he was doing.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:22 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I was provided with tracking for my original purchase......here's what it currently shows:

Tracking.jpg.f7d71dc5eebef4c3ad950e7f46bcfaa9.jpg

I just happened to check the tracking again. :whatthe:

Tracking2.jpg.523d0bde258e3f608739110697f4e314.jpg

21 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

I just happened to check the tracking again. :whatthe:

Ok.....I got the package in the mail today.doh!

I purchased it on eBay on November 16th with the expectation that it was shipping from California.  It was shipped from China and, after the tracking hadn't moved for a month, eBay reviewed it and issued me a refund.  

It was supposed to be a discontinued model of a Spigen phone case (this seller was the only place I could still find it for sale).  As far as I can tell, it does appear to be the correct case.  It looks like it should based on the pictures and videos that are posted in old reviews of it on the internet.  It's branded with Spigen and has all the correct markings.  However, it was simply the case in a thin cellophane envelope with nothing else.  No factory packaging (it should have come in a hard plastic box/shell and would have some kind of paper documentation from Spigen with it).  

So, either it is a really good Chinese copy/knockoff of the case......or if it is genuine, my guess is that once the case was discontinued, perhaps the original manufacturer of the case was based in China and they decided to keep making and selling it themselves???  I really have no idea at this point.....but very strange all the way around.

Some people had left negative feedback for the seller stating that their item was a counterfeit or arrived used and dirty, etc.  Whatever the seller is doing, the indifference of eBay is allowing him to successfully continue with this shady business model.  

8 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Ok.....I got the package in the mail today.doh!

I purchased it on eBay on November 16th with the expectation that it was shipping from California.  It was shipped from China and, after the tracking hadn't moved for a month, eBay reviewed it and issued me a refund.  

It was supposed to be a discontinued model of a Spigen phone case (this seller was the only place I could still find it for sale).  As far as I can tell, it does appear to be the correct case.  It looks like it should based on the pictures and videos that are posted in old reviews of it on the internet.  It's branded with Spigen and has all the correct markings.  However, it was simply the case in a thin cellophane envelope with nothing else.  No factory packaging (it should have come in a hard plastic box/shell and would have some kind of paper documentation from Spigen with it).  

So, either it is a really good Chinese copy/knockoff of the case......or if it is genuine, my guess is that once the case was discontinued, perhaps the original manufacturer of the case was based in China and they decided to keep making and selling it themselves???  I really have no idea at this point.....but very strange all the way around.

Some people had left negative feedback for the seller stating that their item was a counterfeit or arrived used and dirty, etc.  Whatever the seller is doing, the indifference of eBay is allowing him to successfully continue with this shady business model.  

Sometimes things like phone cases are simply put in baggies for mass sales.  I usually get the Otterbox Commuter series for my iPhone.  When you go on Amazon, you can choose whether or not you want the official box or the one in the baggie.  Each are sold by Amazon directly and are the real thing.  

Reminds me of what Kenner did with excess Star Wars figures.  They would put them in baggies and then offer a blind figure in a box as a promo or something. 

20 hours ago, Getyourcomicshere said:

I don't have an eBay account and after hearing the horror stories on this forum I more than likely will never have one.  Things were much simpler back in the 80s and 90s when I use to purchase my comics from the comic paper, can't recall the name of it.  I think it was something like The Buyers guide?

Comic Buyers Guide.