• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] An Important Mitch Itkowitz/Graphic Collectibles Announcement
1 1

29 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Thank you Mitch for your Honesty and Fair Dealing from day 1 and the SDCC loses a good one. I understand the increased costs of everything here in San Diego as it has become a world class destination. The show, with its supposed" good intentions" is year by year weeding out the "old" like Terry Stroud, Bud Plant..and replacing it with whoever can pay the highest price and not complain about it. Very bad for us "old timers" who wanted to go to a real comic book convention and not a Hollywood promo show. 

I always believed that there should be a Badge priority given to persons who have attended all of those years...and there should have been a discount given to dealers who also have be loyal and attended for a long time....that is what is right...but the economic reality is a different thing. I hope you will at least still attend some time in the future but good luck getting a ticket unless you know somebody as the movie people have jammed the attendance and made it a "lottery" to get a ticket.

I also want to thank you for having my back on these boards in the toughest times. I guess both the board and myself have mellowed or at least accepted my "style" of communication. 

I wish you all the best.

Thanks Mitch.

However, in fairness to the show runners, they have said should I ever want to go as an attendee, I will get a free ticket for the show. 

But, I will not go anymore, even as an attendee.

M

Sorry that you're done with SD Con...I completely understand though...I stopped going to SD Con years ago after going year after year starting in 1990.  I always enjoyed going to your booth to see what you had...always quality material...I'm glad I was able to acquire a few things from you over the years when you were at that show like Shade Bachalo art, Eisner Spirit page with P'Gell, etc....Good memories!

11 hours ago, TheLostDreams said:

Sorry that you're done with SD Con...I completely understand though...I stopped going to SD Con years ago after going year after year starting in 1990.  I always enjoyed going to your booth to see what you had...always quality material...I'm glad I was able to acquire a few things from you over the years when you were at that show like Shade Bachalo art, Eisner Spirit page with P'Gell, etc....Good memories!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, artdealer said:

And can someone tell me why there are over 1400 views for this post?

Is it 1400 different people viewing this?

This gets more views than someone posting art for sale?

Really?

M

This is because it is in the marketplace section.  With the title being vague, people think it's an important website update.  

2 hours ago, Marwai said:

This is because it is in the marketplace section.  With the title being vague, people think it's an important website update.  

Yeah, I didn’t think about it that way.

I usually say “website” update in the title.

M