• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Issues
8 8

413 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
44 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1.jpg.a824d2ca37155d3f191bb71d60e9a12b.jpg

It is a nice way to clean up the pages if you are just looking for one of those categories.

It sure is. 

But I'd wager a majority of people who use GPA aren't interested in Restored/Conserved, Qualified or Signed every time they use the service. 

17 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It sure is. 

But I'd wager a majority of people who use GPA aren't interested in Restored/Conserved, Qualified or Signed every time they use the service. 

This one little change has been requested more than a dozen times in this thread, and it would be super easy to implement.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, Callaway29 said:

I find myself favoring gocollect now. Not happy about saying this, but I’m contemplating canceling...

It’s official, I cancelled. 

Side note, I really like go collects “recent sales” option, no matter the grade/label. Does new GPA have that option and I just didn’t see it? If not, add it to the list of wants...

2 hours ago, lonetree said:

Another suggestion, it can take a bit to scroll all the way back to the top.  Some sites, like eBay, have this arrow show up that takes you back to the top.

If you are using a keyboard, use the Home key to go to the top of the page.

200px-Insertpad.svg.png

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

200px-Insertpad.svg.png

I'm a fan of space and shift+space to scroll up and down with the keyboard. But sometimes, that space inputs as an enter depending on where you've been clicking.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

3 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:
8 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

200px-Insertpad.svg.png

I'm a fan of space and shift+space to scroll up and down with the keyboard. But sometimes, that space inputs as an enter depending on where you've been clicking.

You can use the Page Up and Page Down to accomplish the same thing.

200px-Insertpad.svg.png&key=3d1e193d817b

Thanks DavidTheDavid for renewing this topic. I thought everybody had just given up.

I have been too lazy to try GoCollect but I will get there. At this point I am not only unhappy about everything that was done last month, but now I am unhappy about a) no apology to users for implementing unwanted changes, which clearly many users find to be in the wrong direction, and b) no sign that there is work being done to fix all the problems. I think my efficiency has dropped about 50% even after having a month to adjust. A particular problem that hasn't been noted specifically in the recent responses is the frequent forced log-outs and very slow logins to get back in. What is the excuse for this behavior if many other pay sites that I have access to (newspapers etc.) don't do this to me?

Every graph I've looked at has looked similar.  This is for ASM #129 CGC 7.0 if you want to look it up.  

So this book averaged negative $100 between 07/2002 and 05/2006?   And what does the "13" below the "$0" indicate?  Help me understand this.
2.thumb.jpg.32d16c5226de6f895b1b5928c2daa24d.jpg

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Every graph I've looked at has looked similar.  This is for ASM #129 CGC 7.0 if you want to look it up.  

So this book averaged negative $100 between 07/2002 and 05/2006?   And what does the "13" below the "$0" indicate?  Help me understand this.
2.thumb.jpg.32d16c5226de6f895b1b5928c2daa24d.jpg

The 13 is number of copies sold, (the red shaded area) which in this graph 13 is the highest numbers of copies sold in a particular time frame which I believe is per month according to the text.

Edited by Jaylam

16 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

The 13 is number of copies sold, (the red shaded area) which in this graph 13 is the highest numbers of copies sold in a particular time frame which I believe is per month according to the text.

According to what text?  

The "$0" should be lined up with the horizontal black line, I guess, which represents $0. 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:54 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I've been curious what others think now that they've had a couple more weeks to live with it. Anyone else have an updated opinion?

I have used it for a few weeks now and although I am 'used' to the new version, I am still not a fan.

What I have noticed though, as I navigate other sites that have updated (CGC, airlines, etc) is that this is the wave of the future. Sites are made to be primarily cell phone friendly and PC / Laptop friendly last...and this is where my primary beef is. I really dislike using the site on my laptop because it requires a lot of scrollling with a lot of wasted, empty space...which is exactly the same problem I had (and still have to some degree) on this CGC site.

Just sooooo much wasted space and white areas that made the old software (both CGC and GPA) so much quicker to navigate and read.

But I don't see that changing.

And it's not a 'GPA' thing. This the wave of the future for all portable device friendly software for the near to mid future, it seems.

----------------------------------------------------------

I also still think there are too many steps to get to what I want. 3 clicks should be the max (like the old site)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, something that I think is not going to change (and is my largest complaint) tied with my 1st complaint which is too much wasted space, is that I have to look up one issue at a time.

And I've heard this complaint by others as well who either price multiple issues or price books but like to use surrounding issues for comparables.

But I don't think this is going to change either.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As far as changes happening, I'll give George the benefit of the doubt as we did just over the largest holiday season of the year and he did mention that he is listening to all concerns and making changes.

I've had GPA for a couple of years and I'll be cancelling (new interface is vastly inferior to my desires - "too many clicks" as one guy put it very early on). But I'm waiting on mr. greenham to get some books back - my first submittal since 2001 when I sent my actual first batch, directly  - so I can price them out.

That subscription method of directly debiting my paypal account is obviously smart - since I rarely get reminded of it to re-think my subscription, but now I'm reminded every time I pop in for a quick price check that I can no longer consider "quick".

On 1/17/2020 at 9:10 PM, Jaylam said:

Hmm that is actually cool, very similar to volume on a stock chart.   Only thing is, comic values are not rational. lol  The idea is that the more volume you have, the more valid your data is.  If a price is traded at an all time high but it only happens for a single transaction that is typically not a good sign.

SPX.png

On 1/17/2020 at 11:09 PM, VintageComics said:

As far as changes happening, I'll give George the benefit of the doubt as we did just over the largest holiday season of the year and he did mention that he is listening to all concerns and making changes.

Has anyone seen any changes from when GPA rolled out the new site?