• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I did a movie recently at a theater with the reclining chairs.  My son and I watch Empire strikes back.  The theater was on the small side.  Total people in the theater was 6 counting us.  The tickets were like $9 each.  No idea how they could make money off our showing.

Yeah, I don’t think the Empire strikes back is going to make its money back. :foryou:

3 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

That may put a 6.5 Action #1 closer to $2M, which frankly, would not surprise me.

Your original question though was is it gaining traction. I think everyone that only has public knowledge of sales thought it was and I think this 7.0 certainly shows “gaining traction”Your original question though was is it gaining traction. I think everyone that only has public knowledge of sales thought it was and I think this 7.0 certainly shows “gaining traction”

16 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Your original question though was is it gaining traction. I think everyone that only has public knowledge of sales thought it was and I think this 7.0 certainly shows “gaining traction”Your original question though was is it gaining traction. I think everyone that only has public knowledge of sales thought it was and I think this 7.0 certainly shows “gaining traction”

There isn’t a bad answer here.

A record sale like this can only help Tec #27’s place amongst the hierarchy of comic books. It exceeded many people’s expectations and will be remembered as a defining sale that pushed our hobby further forward.

If it managed to do all the above without seeing any type of momentum to propel it closer to Action #1, that might actually work out in its favor.

As I’ve mentioned many times over the years, the generation that grew up seeing an increase in Batman interest and a decrease in Superman interest (let’s say, those born 1980 onward) has not yet risen to greater spending power. We won’t see that happen for another 10-15 years.

So it’s entirely possible that the generation that collectively preferred Batman > Superman, often by some distance, will prefer to invest more into a book that’s already in arm’s reach of the top spot.

So if we just saw a 7.0 copy of Tec #27 become a $1,500,000 book without it gaining traction on Action #1, 10-15 years before the Batman generation takes the place of the current guard, I’d be really, really excited about this book’s future.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

25 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

its not gaining any ground...it might have stopped the separation that action 1 had though, so that's a positive for tec 27

10 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Action 1 has a slight lead but Tec 27 is a better book 2c

I disagree with that 1938 vs 1939...the impact that book had changed the comic book world, personally stories are about even, I just recently reread those on youtube...great read and they are both great , I think Whiz 2, is right up there with them...1940..or course ,Cap1 is a better read but its 1941 but each GA years the comics evolved better and better...cover of A1...amazing. 

Edited by Mmehdy

20 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I disagree with that 1938 vs 1939...the impact that book had changed the comic book world, personally stories are about even, I just recently reread those on youtube...great read and they are both great , I think Whiz 2, is right up there with them...1940..or course ,Cap1 is a better read but its 1941 but each GA years the comics evolved better and better...cover of A1...amazing. 

Whiz #2 (#1) hit newsstands in 1939.

23 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

For the last 20 years Batman has been 10 x more popular right. My Action 7 is 1938 does that make it better ?