• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, Professor Chaos said:

Question for the pro's and semi pro's: The bidding right now is 812,500 with a buyer premium making it 975,000. According to my calculations 812,500 is 83.3% of 975,000. So does the mean owner/seller will be paying Heritage a 16.7% commision?

This would be mathematically correct (in theory only) for just the buyer's premium portion of the sale because it's really indeed coming out of the seller's pocket.  (thumbsu

The other half that you forgot to include would be the seller's premium which in theory is something like another further 10% or 15% off the hammer price.  :gossip:

In reality though, when it comes to big books like these as many other boardies will tell you, Heritage is very very flexible and will take a substantial portion off these standard auction commission fees.  :)

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, all I can say is that I certainly hope the buyer of the $95K private sale did not base his purchase price upon the $90K Heritage public auction sales result.  hm

Especially when the HA $90K purchaser ended up reselling the exact same copy several months later for only $59K in an non-auction resale:  :tonofbricks:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/877988?tzf=1

tee2.602_1.jpg

There have been quite a few CGC 9.8 TMNT 1 sales after that HA $90K outlier of a sale and all of them fell somewhere in the $50K to $60K range of thereabouts.  (thumbsu

That sale took place about 2 weeks after the HA sale.

16 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

If I were Mr Hariri, or a Rockefeller, or a Bezos, or a Clinton or Bush I'd bid 2 million on it . 2.1 million. Actually 2.2 million just to be safe and that still might not be enough. Better make it 3 million. Thats like 2 grand for the average person to them. Good chance none of us will ever see a higher graded one for auction. 

Comments like this make no sense to me. Whomever would want this 7.0 has had the opportunity to buy the 8.0 for 2mil. Assuming they are intelligent enough to amass a fortune that allows them to bid/buy this type book, why would they bid more for an inferior book?

Edited by G.A.tor

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

This would be mathematically correct (in theory only) for just the buyer's premium portion of the sale because it's really indeed coming out of the seller's pocket.  (thumbsu

The other half that you forgot to include would be the seller's premium which in theory is something like another further 10% or 15% off the hammer price.  :gossip:

In reality though, when it comes to big books like these as many other boardies will tell you, Heritage is very very flexible and will take a substantial portion off these standard auction commission fees.  :)

The buyers premium is always 20% so Professor was doing a slight mis calculation, and the seller’s fee I believe is 7%.

C36EA8BB-70C8-410B-995A-C6DE3F1028F4.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

12 hours ago, tth2 said:

When I was a kid, my sister and her fellow tweens would get all worked up over which teen idol would win Tiger Beat's teen heart throb poll and other similar teen magazine contests.  They'd get so worked up over whether their favorite would win and would actively campaign to get people to mail in votes. 

I asked her once if she, or her favorite, would get some kind of prize if he won, and she said "No."  Then I asked what would happen to her, or to her favorite, if he lost.  Would someone get to punch him in the face?  Would Tiger Beat stop putting him on their covers for a year?  Would she and her friends be forced to pick a new idol as their favorite?  She looked at me as if I was nuts and said of course nothing bad would happen.  So then I asked her, "So what's the big deal?"  She just screamed that I should shut up and get out of her room.

I don't know why these old memories have suddenly resurfaced.

Did you ever get any votes?

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Gotcha, looks like a decent mid grade copy in the 5.0ish range. I think Hariri needs to get this 7.0 to up his Tec 27 game a little 😁.

he has stated he is done with comic buying, so he won't be upgrading

7 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Comments like this make no sense to me. Whomever would want this 7.0 has had the opportunity to buy the 8.0 for 2mil. Assuming they are intelligent enough to amass a fortune that allows them to bid/buy this type book, why would they bid more for an inferior book?

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

Because it's easy to speculate and make irrational decisions with someone else's money.

Mr G.A.tor I was responding to someone who says the reason the book is already so high is because of the corona virus. Something that to me makes no sense. Its a nice book, its a rare book. Its high because it is what it is not because of corona panic and fear.  When was the 8.0 available for 2 million? Is it currently available for that? Please let me know. 

And I wasn't speculating. I was doing what I've seen here many times which was using an If Conditional. "If I were a billionaire I would buy it for......."

And I would. Some people here saying the book could be 20 million in the not so distant future. Either way If I were filthy rich I would buy it for 2 million unless that 8.0 was available then I'd buy that one instead.

That's not speculating with someone elses money that's just fantasizing about you would do if you were really rich. Which from a lot of posts I see here many members make that very clear they are. 

Edited by Professor Chaos
Deleted wise comment

Very good G.A.tor thanks. Understood. But is there an 8.0 available now for 2 million? Now I'm curious. You said you were told that and you obviously have connections. I'm think if there is an 8.0 to be had for 2 million I would think that would definitely affect the closing price of this 7.0, thats if people know about the 8.0. I wonder if the owner of the 8.0 would even sell for 2 million while this 7.0 is still active. Take care thanks again.

4 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Very good G.A.tor thanks. Understood. But is there an 8.0 available now for 2 million? Now I'm curious. You said you were told that and you obviously have connections. I'm think if there is an 8.0 to be had for 2 million I would think that would definitely affect the closing price of this 7.0, thats if people know about the 8.0. I wonder if the owner of the 8.0 would even sell for 2 million while this 7.0 is still active. Take care thanks again.

if the 7.0 stays at around 1mil -1.3 mil, I think 2 mil is still a fair price for the 8.0...I haven't inquired if it is still available for that, but if someone had 2+ mil to spend, thats the book I'd go after, not a 7.0...that was also my point, folks that are willing to spend 7 figures can easily ascertain if other options are available (like the 8.0, and at what price) (thumbsu

Edited by G.A.tor