• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

if the 7.0 stays at around 1mil -1.3 mil, I think 2 mil is still a fair price for the 8.0...I haven't inquired if it is still available for that, but if someone had 2+ mil to spend, thats the book I'd go after, not a 7.0...that was also my point, folks that are willing to spend 7 figures can easily ascertain if other options are available (like the 8.0, and at what price) (thumbsu

I would second that...the 8.0 is a stronger buy at 2M than 7.0 at 1.3M

31 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

if the 7.0 stays at around 1mil -1.3 mil, I think 2 mil is still a fair price for the 8.0...I haven't inquired if it is still available for that, but if someone had 2+ mil to spend, thats the book I'd go after, not a 7.0...that was also my point, folks that are willing to spend 7 figures can easily ascertain if other options are available (like the 8.0, and at what price) (thumbsu

Is there a 8.0 action 1. If yes what wud be FMV if the Tec is at 2 mil plus. 

Its certainly an interesting rumour, but it can hardly be a prohibitive market factor, that someone has heard that a certain copy at some point in time presumably was available at xx amount. Hard to see the evidence there, and for instance 6-12 months can be an eternity in a market such as this.

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

That was my point and wasn’t necessarily restricted to your post, but I didn’t see anyone else post “I would bid 3million” etc. 

my point was that it makes no sense, is not realistic and is not part of the “what would I do”. Because if you were able to buy this book you wouldn’t bid more than 1.3 million when you could have bought a 6.0 for less than 900k and you could have bought  an 8.0 for 2 million (that’s what I was told it would take to purchase, this before the 7.0 went up for auction)

that said, guessing what it will go for is fine...folks do it all the time. Making statements “if I was a bush or rockerfeller” I’d bid 3million doesn’t make sense to me. Didn’t say you were wrong in making the statement, I don’t understand it , and I gave my reasons why it makes no sense...don't take it personally, its not...its just a statement on the internet...who really cares

and there is no clique in the ga forum. Anyone can fit in just fine 

I tend to agree with you, but time and time again we see a book bring staggering numbers at auction where it had been previously passed on at a fixed price elsewhere.  I think some buyers just stick with one venue and don't bother to bargain shop.  

51 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Its certainly an interesting rumour, but it can hardly be a prohibitive market factor, that someone has heard that a certain copy at some point in time presumably was available at xx amount. Hard to see the evidence there, and for instance 6-12 months can be an eternity in a market such as this.

The evidence is that one of the top GA dealers just told you that is the case.  That is not a rumour  that is testimony.

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Wait a minute.  I thought you said I had to pledge just like a frat house and go through some hazing for a few years before I belonged here.  Now suddenly anyone gets in!!  

Not cool!  (tsk)

36 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Hey this guy has nice books and should be on the list :makepoint:

Golden age group shot Mumy from 1989.jpg

Yeah I asked before but no one answered. What in the heck happened to Mumy's collection? Comic not guitar. Did he sell it off or does he still have it? Anyone? 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Is there a 8.0 action 1. If yes what wud be FMV if the Tec is at 2 mil plus. 

According to my source (gocollect is my source) there is one Action 8.0 but I don't see it as having ever sold. Single 4th highest graded.  An 8.5 sold for just over 2 million in 2018. But that was a long time ago.  An 8.0 27 would be tied with one other as 2nd highest graded. One 8.0 sold for just under 1.1 million 10 years ago.

So based on that information my answer to your question is Heck If I Know. 

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

whew, I can stay !! :acclaim:

I removed my statement that this forum is a clique. It's not . Maybe a little but that's cool, that's cool.  And I apologize if i may have offended any members. It wasn't really Mr G.A.gators disgreement with my words that got sand in my bikini. It was the other comment " easy to speculate and make irrational decisions with someone else's money" that did it. I mean C'mon, that's serious stuff there. Let's forgetaboutit.

6 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Yeah I asked before but no one answered. What in the heck happened to Mumy's collection? Comic not guitar. Did he sell it off or does he still have it? Anyone? 

According to my source (gocollect is my source) there is one Action 8.0 but I don't see it as having ever sold. Single 4th highest graded.  An 8.5 sold for just over 2 million in 2018. But that was a long time ago.  An 8.0 27 would be tied with one other as 2nd highest graded. One 8.0 sold for just under 1.1 million 10 years ago.

So based on that information my answer to your question is Heck If I Know. 

The Kansas City 8.0 Action #1 sold in 2010 for $1,000,000, per GPA.

4 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

The Kansas City 8.0 Action #1 sold in 2010 for $1,000,000, per GPA.

Oh! Interesting. I did not know that. So in 2010 both an 8.0 Action and Detective sold for about the same amount? Interesting indeed. 

Edited by Professor Chaos
spelling correction

33 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

The evidence is that one of the top GA dealers just told you that is the case.  That is not a rumour  that is testimony.

Well, That is a real nice ‘testimony’😁

And I respect Gator 100. Thats is one thing. But its quite another thing, that a potential bidder on this book would hardly determine his bid on this book on the basis of “testimony, evidence” and other chat board input from potentially competing bidders.

4 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Oh! Interesting. I did not know that. So in 2010 both an 8.0 Action and Detective sold for about the same amount? Interesting indeed. 

Indeed. Looking at the Tec 27 GPA, it's quite interesting just how much this HA is pacing all prior sales of the book. Granted its a 7.0 and only 1 7.0, 1 7.5, and 1 8.0 are reported, but the 8.0 is only the second reported sale to break $1million, and the next bid will set the record for the book period.

44 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Well, That is a real nice ‘testimony’😁

And I respect Gator 100. Thats is one thing. But its quite another thing, that a potential bidder on this book would hardly determine his bid on this book on the basis of “testimony, evidence” and other chat board input from potentially competing bidders.

That was also my point. A bidder /potential buyer for a now 7 figure book, I’m guessing should have done/did enough due diligence to discover what is out there and at what price. 
but like Dan said, maybe not. Who the heck knows, above my pay grade These days 

Edited by G.A.tor

35 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

That was also my point. A bidder /potential buyer for a now 7 figure book, I’m guessing should have done/did enough due diligence to discover what is out there and at what price. 
but like Dan said, maybe not. Who the heck knows, above my pay grade These days 

Hey if i had money i would buy the 7.0 than buy the 8.0 and whatever else comes to market :whistle: I think if i had money i would not need to sell any under graded copy's i would own hm Having 3 or more copy's is always ok.  WARNING I have been drinking (shrug)

Edited by woowoo

4 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Indeed. Looking at the Tec 27 GPA, it's quite interesting just how much this HA is pacing all prior sales of the book. Granted its a 7.0 and only 1 7.0, 1 7.5, and 1 8.0 are reported, but the 8.0 is only the second reported sale to break $1million, and the next bid will set the record for the book period.

I believe you mean 2 7.0s, 2 7.5s, and 2 8.0s - but just 1 9.2.

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

Hey if i had money i would buy the 7.0 than buy the 8.0 and whatever else comes to market :whistle: I think if i had money i would not need to sell any under graded copy's i would own hm Having 3 or more copy's is always ok.  WARNING I have been drinking (shrug)

Sure, let's all play...if I was Bezos, I would buy all the copies that come to market (like Fish with Fantastic 3), but not tell anyone I was doing that and then in a few years, I would just price them all at a million per point, or two million per point, heck maybe even 3 million, cause why not?

26 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:
3 hours ago, woowoo said:

Sure, let's all play...if I was Bezos, I would buy all the copies that come to market (like Fish with Fantastic 3), but not tell anyone I was doing that and then in a few years, I would just price them all at a million per point, or two million per point, heck maybe even 3 million, cause why not?

Still drinking now drunk i get back to you but ya million.png.b1277ce48c264e4d98e16c36d501e0f8.pngplus million.png.b1277ce48c264e4d98e16c36d501e0f8.pngplusmillion.png.b1277ce48c264e4d98e16c36d501e0f8.png