• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
11 11

1,059 posts in this topic

See for Men is a great little title with some excellent covers.  I don't collect the title before 1959 (as it's a different kind of mag) but from 1961-1964 has some good stuff!  (thumbsu

Here's a link to others if anyone is interested:

http://www.philsp.com/mags/see_for_men.html

13 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

See for Men is a great little title with some excellent covers.  I don't collect the title before 1959 (as it's a different kind of mag) but from 1961-1964 has some good stuff!  (thumbsu

Here's a link to others if anyone is interested:

http://www.philsp.com/mags/see_for_men.html

Love those covers. I'm impressed, walking around scaffolding and on beams in high heels! Plus, not a good choice of clothing for that windy environment.

image.png.9d4a54eaaf3359aa7c596a1a19ac97ab.png

4 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

Finally found a high grade copy of one of my favorite covers!

3AABE8B3-C202-4E90-BA0B-7030F0924E8D.jpeg

Hey!!  I recently picked up one of those myself!  Love that cover!

255650496_Image3-29-21at9_01PM.thumb.JPG.aeec777fac528e973b3de82c0e0da40d.JPG

Amazing that 2 nice copies popped up close to the same time because I haven't seen another come up in a long time.  To those that are unfamiliar, this is not a common book!

11 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Hey!!  I recently picked up one of those myself!  Love that cover!

255650496_Image3-29-21at9_01PM.thumb.JPG.aeec777fac528e973b3de82c0e0da40d.JPG

Amazing that 2 nice copies popped up close to the same time because I haven't seen another come up in a long time.  To those that are unfamiliar, this is not a common book!

You’re right, it is amazing. I’ve been outbid on this one several times over the years but it doesn’t turn up very often. I saw your copy in the sold listings and based my max bid on your winning bid. The seller has a lot of men’s mags but most are low grade. This one ended up being much nicer than I expected.

Cross posting from the this week thread, this is a very difficult issue to locate.  It is the actual first appearance of Nick Fury, when he was working for the other guys.  :insane:

I like how somebody thought they'd augment the cover art.  It's subtle, but tasteful.

48589532_AllMan_November1962.thumb.jpg.604631fd4ed14ca4330af6031853bf88.jpg