• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAIL OBTAINED! Thank you, Chicago!

18 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I went to the Chicago Con and all I got was this Fantastic Four Treasury Edition cover by John Romita...

Although the Invisible Girl is (alas) an enlarged photostat, this piece is unbelievable. I thought I would never be able to afford an FF cover - especially one from my youth - but here it is. Suffice to say I'll be selling lots of comics to help cover the cost, which was formidable (thanks, Mr. Moy) but not completely insane. Just insane enough!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

FFTreasury.jpg

Dimensions are about 11 x 16, so not much bigger than the usual fare. Nice and wide, though, and it will frame nicely!

As for how much, suffice to say several thousand bucks...the rest I'm too embarrassed to admit!

Dan

that is a killer piece. congratulations!

i hear there's a nice black market for kidneys, in case the "sell tons of comics" things doesn't work out for you gossip.gif

Hopefully one day I'll be able to spend that much money on art pieces smile.gif

I dream of one day owning an ASM cover, hopefully by Ditko or Romita!

For now, I just got a new page from Paul Pelletier for $70, I'll post it when I get it!

Hey, drummy, since there's a couple of us bostonians, we should get together some time and show off our pieces! smile.gif