• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You've got your GRAIL! Now where do you go?

3 posts in this topic

I'm wondering... What do you collect after you've attained your grail? Isn't a grail the one piece that would complete your collection? I found mine a little more than a year ago and was able to purchase it. Since then, I've bought and traded around to get other pieces, but only a few will be permanent parts of my collection. I'd like to hear what everyone has to say on this.

Here's the link to my grail (the Carmine Infantino cover art to Flash 323 — Flash vs. Reverse Flash):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=43899&GSub=13047

Tell me what you think and where do YOU go after you've acquired your grail?

Mike Browning

The problem with grails is that they are constantly being upgraded. I have about 10 pieces that I would consider grails and I haven't obtained any of them.....don't know where they are....I know they're out there though.

I don't think any collector is ever really "satisfied with their collection" and that is one of the things that makes this hobby so exciting....and expensive.

Look at Hari's collection. It's full of Grails....one piece more impressive than the next....yet, there are pieces he would like to add to it and he's added a few things recently.....

I think the "Grail" term is overused and misused. It's more of there are pieces you would want more than most......but how can you point to something and say "if i just had that piece there, then i wouldn't need anything else"...... screwy.gif

Like cgcfan said, I think that, at least for me, there isn't just one piece I want to consider my collection complete.

I know of quite a few pieces I want, and I'm sure when, and if, I get them, there will be more I want...

Unless, of course, I somehow manage to get the cover of Amazing Fantasy 15, or ASM #1, or Avengers #1, or Daredevil #1. I think, at that point, I might say I'm done...

Nice cover though, Mike, I love Carmine Infantino's stuff! smile.gif