• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
2 2

366 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is it just me or did others notice the Curt Swan covers were quite affordable this auction?

Considering how many have been auctioned, the prices reflect will eventually reflect the amount on the market.

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I thought the Peanuts stuff was a little low for several and high for a few others.  :grin:

Prices were shockingly low on the 1950s dailies (which is what I mostly track).  The 1960 Sunday also seemed to be off recent comps.

Is the bloom (finally) off the Peanuts rose?

2 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Prices were shockingly low on the 1950s dailies (which is what I mostly track).  The 1960 Sunday also seemed to be off recent comps.

Is the bloom (finally) off the Peanuts rose?

I don't know if it has fallen off, but I am glad this was the auction where prices seems on the lighter side !

Definitely made 2020 a good year for me!

Edited by batman_fan

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Charles Schulz Peanuts Daily Comic Strip Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty Original Art dated 6-1-71, $12,000.  I know Tim will slam me for this, but this was a great pickup for someone.

That price is p-NUTS!

It has the classic PP/CB romance theme

:sick:

Charles Schulz Peanuts Sunday Comic Strip Charlie Brown and Snoopy Original Art dated 5-8-60, $43,200.  Maybe the deal of the grouping, baseball theme, snoopy, what's not to love about it.  I know two Peanuts collectors discussing it ahead of the auction about the final price were certain it would go a lot higher.

This was the big surprise--really low price versus recent comps.  As you say, it had all the elements.

12 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Larsen Spider-Man page.....$26,400.

Is that a record for an interior/panel page by him?

Yes, I believe so. The $50.4k ASM #340 cover was expected... that $26.4k SM #23 panel page, not so much. Will be interesting to see where the MJ-only SM #21 page ends today.

2 hours ago, O. said:

Yes, I believe so. The $50.4k ASM #340 cover was expected... that $26.4k SM #23 panel page, not so much. Will be interesting to see where the MJ-only SM #21 page ends today.

Already close to 5k! MJ + lingerie = $$$$

6 hours ago, O. said:

Who was expecting $50K on the ASM 340 cover? 

That cover has been shopped around like a hot grenade for several years. 

I was expecting in the neighbourhood of $30K