• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I incorrect on this?...
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I have been looking for a nice 9.6/9.8 Marvel Super Hers Secret Wars #1 2nd print and believe I found one!  I believe CGC mis-identified the one I bought on eBay and graded it as a first print. Note the black spider-man in the UPC code (first prints have a white spider-man) and the lack of the white "M" where the 75 cents is.  I'm still waiting for a response from CGC but will they re-slab the book for free since they made a mistake?

s-l1600-4.jpg

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

I have been looking for a nice 9.6/9.8 Marvel Super Hers Secret Wars #1 2nd print and believe I found one!  I believe CGC mis-identified the one I bought on eBay and graded it as a first print. Note the black spider-man in the UPC code (first prints have a white spider-man) and the lack of the white "M" where the 75 cents is.  I'm still waiting for a response from CGC but will they re-slab the book for free since they made a mistake?

s-l1600-4.jpg

This slab is 100% mislabeled and yes the SW #1 2nd print has the black spidey head.

Its fairly rare an even more so in such a high grade. 

They should re-slab free as it is in fact mislabeled.

If they do not they are dead wrong.

nice book btw

1 minute ago, Shoomanfoo said:

This slab is 100% mislabeled and yes the SW #1 2nd print has the black spidey head.

Its fairly rare an even more so in such a high grade. 

They should re-slab free as it is in fact mislabeled.

If they do not they are dead wrong.

nice book btw

Got it for $80. Good deal you think? One sold for $25 in 2015.

18 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Got it for $80. Good deal you think? One sold for $25 in 2015.

Great deal!

It sells for 25.00 because the seller didn’t know how rare and nobody wants to pay higher for same reason.

I payed 40.00 for my raw high grade because I knew what it was.

5 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Great deal!

It sells for 25.00 because the seller didn’t know how rare and nobody wants to pay higher for same reason.

I payed 40.00 for my raw high grade because I knew what it was.

I remember seeing tons of the SW multi-packs as a kid.  I am surprised at how hard they are to find now. Are they really that rare or are people just not getting them graded because they are 2nd prints?

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

I remember seeing tons of the SW multi-packs as a kid.  I am surprised at how hard they are to find now. Are they really that rare or are people just not getting them graded because they are 2nd prints?

I remember them also. Walmart 3 packs of 1,2,3 2nd printings.

Yes they are that rare. I buy them when I can find them and last time I saw one was 3 months ago. I bought it from eBay and haven’t seen another since.

Thats the one I paid 40.00 for.

Every now and then I search Secret Wars #1 and go there all the listings looking for a black Spidey and just hope I hit the jackpot and find another.

Its not “valuable” but I believe it will be.

Once there is Beyonder movie buzz “if ever” and attention is put on the books people will begin to recognize how rare the print is and it will be highly sought.

Look what happened to Spider-Man 1 Gold UPC from the Walmart multipacks. 

4 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

There were 3 other watchers also when I made an offer.  The other watchers must have known.  I can't imagine 3 watchers watching a 9.6 book otherwise.

They probably knew but didn’t want to pull the trigger.

understand that this book is technically no more valuable the the 1st printing so it’s kinda hard to pay more for it.

for me it’s kinda a no brained that eventually it will pay off.

28 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

That’s interesting. Cool to find out where other people have discovered them.

I also remember seeing SW#7 in a multipack. I recall because it had a pink color cover and I thought is was ugly LOL. Apparently there are no 2nd prints of SW#7 though? I always thought multipacks were over printed issues that were bagged at a discounted price to get rid of them and not actually second prints.

Edited by Xenosmilus

5 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I also remember seeing SW#7 in a multipack. I recall because it had a pink color cover and I thought is was ugly LOL. Apparently there are no 2nd prints of SW#7 though? I always thought multipacks were over printed issues that were bagged at a discounted price to get rid of them and not actually second prints.

Well multipacks serve many purposes and yes you are mainly correct obout overstocked books but sometimes a 2nd prints were made for the purpose of multipacks.

Theres no way to understand the rational without hearing from the marketing and distribution members 1st hand.

7 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

These aren’t rare though I may pull the trigger on a 9.6 to start a high grade 2nd print set.

thank you

Edited by Shoomanfoo