• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Zaid brings Pokémon lawsuit
3 3

36 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

For one thing I cant imagine a "pokemon " card would be worth anything of that magnitude.  If I were to buy something that expensive I would have traveled to get it.

Rare Pikachu Pokemon card sold for $195,000 in October, 2019 at a New York-based auction house.

Edited by Domo Arigato

4 hours ago, aszumilo said:

I don't understand why they only insured it for 50k when it sold for 60k.  Even if insurance paid out, the buyer would be out 10k.

Good luck collecting even that. They'll claim it's not a total loss and since it's a collectible, it's value it subjective, thus we'll only pay you the cost of shipping plus an arbitrary value of replacement cost of our determination of say... around $10.00. (Because it doesn't matter what you insure it for, it only matters what the insurance company thinks it's worth.)

Edited by Jaylam

On 1/12/2020 at 6:52 PM, kav said:
On 1/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, unclezebo said:

Screenshot_20191020-170620.thumb.png.e849d9e4e7cdf259c0ae2e1108f351ce.png

Dang I thought that Action 1 sold, but apparently it only 'sold'....

"He knows what these comics are WORTH so dont bother trying to trick him or low ball him!!"

Umm, you thought it apparently 'sold', but actually it 'SOLD'.

2 minutes ago, MusterMark said:

Umm, you thought it apparently 'sold', but actually it 'SOLD'.

dang

On 1/13/2020 at 6:22 PM, aszumilo said:

I don't understand why they only insured it for 50k when it sold for 60k.  Even if insurance paid out, the buyer would be out 10k.

Maybe going over $50k involved a substantial additional premium or that was the max amount with the carrier.

15 hours ago, an99 said:

Cash ... deal. That's hilarious!  

yes someone is showing up with suitcases full of $100 bills sure thing bluh.