• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Raw Return not allowed - cgc counts as “altered “
2 2

163 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

So lying about the nature of CGC's product (hint: It's not permanent) in order to fit into one of ebay's policies is okay with you?  

If Showcase listed the book as a raw 9.8, and the buyer submitted it to CGC and wanted to return it when it came back as a 9.6, then I would have no issues with fudging a bit based on the buyer being an unreasonable jackwagon. 

If anyone has an issue with this, please feel free to block my eBay account which is........69_greggy_420

6 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I'm very interested in this thread because I purchased a raw book from showcase that he said was a sure 9.9.

Being reasonable myself,  I don't expect it to be but it's going to be graded anyday now on a 9.8 prescreen. :popcorn:

I like pie too :cloud9:

1 hour ago, kav said:

I'm not seeing a lie here.  The item was altered.  Slabbing definitely alters the book, that's why they sell for more.  Alter is not always bad.  It just means 'not the same due to external action'.

I remember when I sold a book as a 9.4 and the buyer claimed it was an 8.0 and returned it. I got the money back by telling eBay that he sent it back in a different bag/board than what I sent. It serves him right for irrevocably altering the item!

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

I remember when I sold a book as a 9.4 and the buyer claimed it was an 8.0 and returned it. I got the money back by telling eBay that he sent it back in a different bag/board than what I sent. It serves him right for irrevocably altering the item!

nevermind

On 1/13/2020 at 7:07 PM, showcase4 said:

3E759EC7-A62A-4587-BF02-FBFE90B2D105.jpeg.0820e5fa333fc4a85ee58136eb3cf3c6.thumb.jpeg.e079aed3fdbcc10140f31d1487c2edb9.jpeg

I just sent messages to all the buyers listed on your screenshot and told them you have the world's largest sex doll collection.

I hope that was ok.

Edited by Domo Arigato

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

So lying about the nature of CGC's product (hint: It's not permanent) in order to fit into one of ebay's policies is okay with you?  

Although it's really not, two wrongs might make a right when dealing with faceless, mindless drones who are just trying to close a case rather than get the best result. (shrug)

30 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I just sent messages to all the buyers listed on your screenshot and told them you have the world's largest sex doll collection.

I hope that was ok.

There's never anything wrong with the truth! (thumbsu