• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

caje4091 A new Stan Lee signature forger in town!

24 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Good luck to the person who paid for that

And the other 39 Lee forgeries he had listed as of when I posted the thread! Although luck won't be of any help if they submit any of them for authentication since one comic grading company (who I won't mention) wisely stopped authenticating, along with Ditko and Kirby, one of their better business decisions for sure.

OK, I get it. Now I know for sure which forger this is. I thought I recognized the way he consistently botches certain things in the signatures. He put up his usual one real one to shill the other 50 forgeries as usual:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-1-Signed-By-Stan-Lee-cbcs/184125711003?hash=item2adebf629b:g:MbgAAOSwzQFd--Dy 

He got smart. Making it not as obvious. He's going to let this one go instead of price the real ones with BINs so high they won't sell, the opposite of the forgeries which he usually sold for $20 a pop at auction!

Edited by James J Johnson

36 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Shouldn't this be reported to eBay

Yes. But they really don't care. This flim flam forger is bilking $2000 or so per week out of unsuspecting buyers for his 40 or so Stan Lee forgeries that were listed at thread post time. He's a small timer in the world of autograph forgery. That is a ridiculously negligible amount compared to what some forgers traffic in cast signed movie posters, autographed record albums, signed baseballs, etc. etc. that go for thousands a pop and more.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. But they really don't care. This flim flam forger is bilking $2000 or so out of unsuspecting buyers for his 40 or so Stan Lee forgeries that were listed at thread post time. He's a small timer in the world of autograph forgery. That is a ridiculously negligible amount compared to what some forgers traffic in cast signed movie posters, autographed record albums, signed baseballs, etc. etc. that go for thousands a pop and more.

I did some research on collectible movie posters-the amt of fraud/fakes is incredible.  They said it's virtually unheard of to have full cast signed posters-these people are busy actors and getting them all in one place to sign posters virtually impossible.

38 minutes ago, kav said:

I did some research on collectible movie posters-the amt of fraud/fakes is incredible.  They said it's virtually unheard of to have full cast signed posters-these people are busy actors and getting them all in one place to sign posters virtually impossible.

And many of them come with COAs and LOAs that are either mock ups, or issued from fly by night authenticators that nobody has ever heard of before that are as worthless as the forged items.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And many of them come with COAs and LOAs that are either mock ups, or issued from fly by night authenticators that nobody has ever heard of before that are as worthless as the forged items.

I always say how do you know something is fake?  If it has a COA.

I REALLY don't understand HOW Voldemort and Berkbutt vertified Stan Lee's signatures.

Berkbutt authentication fee for Stan Lee's signature is $20 for one book, $35 for two books, etc. etc.

Sadly, Stan Lee's signature had been inconsistent in last few years before his time came up.  Those scums have became opportunists.

15 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

And the other 39 Lee forgeries he had listed as of when I posted the thread! Although luck won't be of any help if they submit any of them for authentication since one comic grading company (who I won't mention) wisely stopped authenticating, along with Ditko and Kirby, one of their better business decisions for sure.

did they (vold) really stop authenticating Stan, Ditko and Kirby signatures?