• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Notifications

7 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Newbie forum but I guess it was wrong as it is more experienced people here. Mods: Sorry for double post; let me know if I should delete the one in "Newbie".

Hi,

I am looking for about 150-200 books where many are not listed often on Ebay.

Their notification system is to slow and often the item is sold ;(    Also there is a max of about 70-80 searches.

Is there any software(willing to pay) where I can get more frequent update? I don't need instant but the 24 hour Ebay offer is useless.

regards,

Rob

Welcome, if you're looking for that many books I'd suggest creating a "want to buy" (WTB) thread in that subforum listing the books you are seeking along with desired grades.  You'll also get better responses in that thread if you provide an estimated amount you're willing to pay because people won't dig around for stuff unless you seem like a serious buyer.  When I had to fill in some of my 90's gaps in some runs I did it through ebay 10 years ago and didn't get totally  crushed because I got most of it in big chunks from bigger sellers like mycomicshop and fantasy-comics. 

Of course the success of your thread will depend on what you're looking for, if it's something like the Byrne FF run or 50 X-Men or Wolverine comics you'll do okay, if you just want to get ebay alerts on the hot 200 comics listed in the key collector app then you probably won't get much feedback to a WTB

29 minutes ago, ebay1311 said:

I posted this in the Newbie forum but I guess it was wrong as it is more experienced people here. Mods: Sorry for double post; let me know if I should delete the one in "Newbie".

Hi,

I am looking for about 150-200 books where many are not listed often on Ebay.

Their notification system is to slow and often the item is sold ;(    Also there is a max of about 70-80 searches.

Is there any software(willing to pay) where I can get more frequent update? I don't need instant but the 24 hour Ebay offer is useless.

regards,

Rob

Yep hard to find stuff is always gone by the time you get notification-frustrating.

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

yep... good stuff is long gone by the time you get notified .....

Missed out on many a Woodgod-

For books that don't appear too often, I do the search for a book I want and then save the search as a bookmark.  I repeat the process for other books I'm looking for and then collect the searches into folders.  I can select all the searches in a folder at once to open in different tabs and then scan through to see if anything new has been added (having newest listings at the top).  It doesn't take too long to scan through these to see if there is anything I want and I can check  them whenever I want.

Maybe something similar would work for you.

10 hours ago, kaculler said:

For books that don't appear too often, I do the search for a book I want and then save the search as a bookmark.  I repeat the process for other books I'm looking for and then collect the searches into folders.  I can select all the searches in a folder at once to open in different tabs and then scan through to see if anything new has been added (having newest listings at the top).  It doesn't take too long to scan through these to see if there is anything I want and I can check  them whenever I want.

Maybe something similar would work for you.

That’s exactly what I do

plus saved eBay searches on the mobile app are quite useful as they are notated with a black asterisk immediately when a listing was added to a search