• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Bronze Age book I’d love to have seen

4 posts in this topic

Neat!

I love OG Captain Marvel. I think your cover would be even cooler if you had him in his green costume. To me, Captain Mar-Vell was a great character! I enjoyed his origin and while I feel writers at the time could have done more with it (it was the late 60s so I forgive some campy writing), I still regard him along with Spidey and Daredevil as one of my favourite solo heroes from the Silver/Bronze Ages.

Green Lantern though...ugh. Could never get on board with the premise of a ring that conjured up whatever he wanted. Like Superman, it seemed like he had no limitations which I did not like nor a story I could connect with. 

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Neat!

I love OG Captain Marvel. I think your cover would be even cooler if you had him in his green costume. 

I actually considered the original but I’m a huge fan of the Starlin version. That and wanting to use a wider color palette