• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Go Green? ...and I don't mean the Hulk
2 2

83 posts in this topic

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

No.

yeah think your right.. was just looking it up.. I think hush puppy is a Canadian "variant" :roflmao:oh man I kill myself on my lame puns... or bad references... on ICEE..

damn now I want a ICEE but its -2 outside here. 

3 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah think your right.. was just looking it up.. I think hush puppy is a Canadian "variant" :roflmao:oh man I kill myself on my lame puns... or bad references... on ICEE..

damn now I want a ICEE but its -2 outside here. 

Meh. It was about 10 degrees F a few weeks ago when I was eating some ice cream. NBD.

1 hour ago, TTV Norman CU said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I must say, I wish they'd quit using all those Styrofoam peanuts. 

Any chance they are the biodegradable type? They melt in water and are compostable. I've let one dissolve on my tongue as a demonstration :insane:

Right - see above mention of them.  Those, I run down the drain.

1 hour ago, steveinthecity said:

Marvel cover date Sep '78

15814422515984645356644684903887.jpg

RCO007_1467352763.jpg

oh man that ICEE bear racing jacket must of been dope... 

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Second, why do you have to go to the post office every time? I maintain top-rated status and use a convenient mailbox for 90% of my shipments. You can also schedule a pickup.

Yea, but you probably live in one of those, you know..... nice neighborhoods 

38 minutes ago, Senormac said:
3 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Second, why do you have to go to the post office every time? I maintain top-rated status and use a convenient mailbox for 90% of my shipments. You can also schedule a pickup.

Yea, but you probably live in one of those, you know..... nice neighborhoods 

My post office is about five blocks from the house.  The neighborhoods around town here are mostly "mixed", with a few "nice" ones and a whole lot more "not so nice" ones.

I used to schedule pick-ups, but they weren't always plugged into the tracking system.  So now I drop stuff off at the p.o. and get a receipt.

21 hours ago, jokiing said:

I'm thinking about adding this statement to the description of my ebay auctions......

GO GREEN.... Submitting payment on day auction ends helps
reduce trips to post office and helps save the planet.

Who knows if it will motivate or make a difference or even be read since it will be at the end of my description..... Not everyone has the convenience of a post office nearby and since I offer shipping within two days after payment I'm sometimes making multiple trips, eating up gas and my time. Some may have a good reason or need to wait until next pay check (?) but it does bug me when someone makes a last minute buy and then doesn't pay for 4 or 5 days and I need to fit in a post office run.

Discuss....

It used to bother me, but then one day, I just stopped caring and let ebay send the reminders...

3 hours ago, Pontoon said:

First, I’d take D84s advice. It sounds passive-aggresive.

Do you leave packages in your own mailbox or one of the large blue ones that you can see at Supermarkets?

21 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Do you leave packages in your own mailbox or one of the large blue ones that you can see at Supermarkets?

A good, old-fashioned blue USPS mailbox at a small strip mall located down the street from my job.

8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I must say, I wish they'd quit using all those Styrofoam peanuts.  And I have enough bubblewrap to last until the second coming, and I'm not talking 2020.

Crumpled newspaper works just fine you lazy, earth-destructin' @s.

What's a newspaper?? 

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

It used to bother me, but then one day, I just stopped caring and let ebay send the reminders...

And if the buyer doesn't pay, after a specified time (unsure as to how long after an item closes that option is open to sellers) you can open an unpaid item case. They then have 4 days to pay or they receive an unpaid strike, which the end result of means absolutely nothing at all.

2 hours ago, cd4ever said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I must say, I wish they'd quit using all those Styrofoam peanuts.  And I have enough bubblewrap to last until the second coming, and I'm not talking 2020.

Crumpled newspaper works just fine you lazy, earth-destructin' @s.

What's a newspaper?? 

Yikes!!! A rare cd4ever appearance!

I get them there newspapers as packing material in quite a few boxes of comics.  Must be the older crowd.

I use the bubblewrap that others send me, but I currently have an eight garbage bag full surplus of that stuff.  I may have to go out in the woods and burn a few sacks, and release some of that wonderful plastic into the atmosphere.

7 hours ago, Pontoon said:

First, I’d take D84s advice. It sounds passive-aggresive.

Thanks... but closest mailbox is at the post office (They're getting as scarce as phone booths around here) and mail couriers in my area are too chicken slick to drive down the single lane road, on a hillside, to my house. Otherwise, great suggestions.

...and I've been convinced to just shut up and enjoy the chaos.