• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Investment grade coverless and/or incomplete golden age! CGC IT!!!
5 5

210 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2020 at 9:01 PM, MrBedrock said:

Four Daredevil Comics - $50

• An issue in the teens that is missing three wraps but has a complete Claw story and a four page Wolverton Scoop Scuttle story
  • #36 - coverless
  • #66 - coverless
  • #131 - coverless

cvldaredevil.jpeg

believe the first Daredevil is #19 - what is the title of the Scoop Scuttle story? Is it "Killer Diller and Killer Miller"? 

3 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

believe the first Daredevil is #19 - what is the title of the Scoop Scuttle story? Is it "Killer Diller and Killer Miller"? 

19 is a possibility, but the Scoop Scuttle story doesn't have a title. The first panel is a scene in a newspaper office of The Daily Dally, and the whole story is newspapermen dealing with assignments. It feels very much like the first Scoop Scuttle story, but that isn't certain either.

13 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Hi how much for what is left ? Sent previous message still learning how to navigate here . Thanks jeff

Jeff, (and anyone else who might be interested). The remaining books, all 70 or so of them, total $850. If someone would like the whole stack for $650 shipped I would be amenable.

8 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

You can read them here.  The claw story for #19 has him hanging upside down on the splash page.
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=870

Looking at the listings here I suspect it is #20. definitely #20.

Edited by MrBedrock

11 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Issue 20 has Scoop Scuttle at Colic Comics - is that the one?

Yep. The Manager of Colic Comics wants Claude Codd to whip out forty seven pages of "Willie Wiggle the Wonder Wart" by 5:00.

Edited by MrBedrock

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Yep. The Manager of Colic Comics wants Claude Codd to whip out forty seven pages of "Willie Wiggle the Wonder Wart" by 5:00.

You should give that book to a comic creator. It is a pretty amusing story, all things considered.

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:

You should give that book to a comic creator. It is a pretty amusing story, all things considered.

Seems like a good thing to do!

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:
14 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Hi how much for what is left ? Sent previous message still learning how to navigate here . Thanks jeff

Jeff, (and anyone else who might be interested). The remaining books, all 70 or so of them, total $850. If someone would like the whole stack for $650 shipped I would be amenable.

Well lucky me...I have a taker for the lot! All books are now SOLD!

Thanks for shopping! :hi: