• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending in comic limited in number

11 posts in this topic

Hello community, 

I did a quick search and couldn't find this answer.  I saw a video of a CGC slabbed comic that was limited to only 50 copies printed.  On the back on the CGC holder there was a certificate of authenticity and a hologram sticker.  I couldn't tell if the authenticity was actually inside the plastic on the back of the slab.

If I have a comic that is 200/650 made should I include the card that states that when I send it in?  I am fairly certain the answer is NO, don't send the card in.  Just wanted to verify and question how this other person had theirs on the back of the slab.  

Thanks in advance! 

On 2/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, Gjproducer said:

Hello community, 

I did a quick search and couldn't find this answer.  I saw a video of a CGC slabbed comic that was limited to only 50 copies printed.  On the back on the CGC holder there was a certificate of authenticity and a hologram sticker.  I couldn't tell if the authenticity was actually inside the plastic on the back of the slab.

If I have a comic that is 200/650 made should I include the card that states that when I send it in?  I am fairly certain the answer is NO, don't send the card in.  Just wanted to verify and question how this other person had theirs on the back of the slab.  

Thanks in advance! 

my best guess would be not to send the certificate as they don't slab certificates with the slab the only thing I've seen go with a slab the tattoo inserts and glasses insert that were in the comics..

the person probably had the certificate in the bag that the slab is sitting in. this is what I would do. If I had a certificate that goes with a slabbed book. 

You can also always contact CGC to get a answer from them as well. 

Best of Luck and welcome to the Boards.

CGC doesn't validate or notate print runs. COAs only matter if there's a signature involved, so that they can note: "_____ _____ written on cover", etc. If there an unverified signature, no COA, and they can't determine who may have allegedly 'signed' the comic - they will note "name written".

So, unless it's signed, the COA means nothing to CGC.

5 minutes ago, TTV Norman CU said:

Sorry I was talking about CGC using the info from a COA. I don't see it from your link, could you be more specific?

Common sense. If they recignize a signature, or a COA tells them who allegedly wrote their name on it, they notate "_____ _____ written on cover". If they don't know who in the blazes allegedly wrote on it - they will replace said name with literally "Name".

If you find yourself in this situation, it literally costs you nothing to get an official answer by calling or emailing Cgc, rather than risk conflicting answers from internet strangers.

this isn’t a “what’s your opinion” or “what’s the best way” question.  It’s a “what is the Cgc policy” question.  Cgc has paid customer service reps 

12 hours ago, revat said:

If you find yourself in this situation, it literally costs you nothing to get an official answer by calling or emailing Cgc, rather than risk conflicting answers from internet strangers.

this isn’t a “what’s your opinion” or “what’s the best way” question.  It’s a “what is the Cgc policy” question.  Cgc has paid customer service reps 

This is the best answer