PGM Amazing Spider-Man #4
1 1

14 posts in this topic

1,120 posts

IMO, with only a pic of the front cover, that book is a GD- 1.8 (too many little pieces missing by the spine to be a GD 2.0, IMO).

Grading depends on what your plans are for the book, do you plan to sell the book or are you going to keep the book, want to be able to read/touch the book but preserve the book.

When it comes to Archival Storage a CGC slab does not offer any more protection than a 2 Mil Mylite and Acid Free Board, both need to stored in the proper conditions away from all light and heat sources in a controlled temp/humidity environment.

On eBay, on Jan. 5 a book in similar condition to yours sold for $314.91, on the same day a CGC GD 2.0 sold for $456.76.

25,339 posts

Presents well for the low grade... might squeak out a 2.0, but agreed that spine is rough & a lot depends on the back.

5 posts

Sorry I’m new to this so I’m not sure how to upload more pics. Wanted to show the spine tear too. I’d like to sell it. Do you think getting it graded would improve it’s value? How about pressing? Thanks in advance!

25,339 posts

That's a lot of paper loss. I'd have to guess 1.5, though it looks a bit better. I think it would be fine to sell it raw.

I don't see any obvious reason to press it, and the spine looks too fragile to do so anyway.  2c