• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Online Site for Selling Comics
1 1

43 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Again, feel free to ask questions. I'm here to help!

Hi. I realize this is an old thread but I am someone who has been selling on eBay a year or two and am looking to try using these boards as an alternative. I welcome any thoughts or advice.  Thanks

On 12/10/2023 at 1:08 PM, Mac3X said:

Hi. I realize this is an old thread but I am someone who has been selling on eBay a year or two and am looking to try using these boards as an alternative. I welcome any thoughts or advice.  Thanks

I find donating to member boards is the most action you’ll get with selling comics. 🤣

It feels like a ghost town in here compared to previous years.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:08 PM, Mac3X said:

On 12/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, D2 said:

I find donating to member boards is the most action you’ll get with selling comics. 🤣

It feels like a ghost town in here compared to previous years.

IMHO, eBay will still remain one of the best marketplaces for amateur sellers to sell items of niche hobbies like comics. Forums like these... have very limited reach as you are only dealing with a few dozen members at any given time.

The advent of Facebook Marketplace and its various comic book-centric groups help spread the word a bit domestically/locally, but even then, not everyone out there uses Facebook. If you've got a sizable enough collection and/or many big ticket items, then you could try Heritage or HiBid auctions.

Reality is, sometimes you just have to change your strategy on eBay to focus on faster turnaround. Maybe try selling things for lower profit margins and being savvier about purchases to keep expenses low. (Hell, exiting the market altogether is also a strategy too, if you can make better income elsewhere.)