• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Comic Database Program Ever?

1 post in this topic

Hey all, 

I have about 500 book collection and growing.  A few years ago I went in search of a catalogue/data base software to keep track of the details of each issue.  Didn't really find anything I liked- stuff was either too simple or too professional, or the image management wasn't what I wanted.  Then I stumbled up an app called Recollector.  I'm in no way affiliated with the software or receive any reimbursement or even acknowledgement for this review- I'm just digging it so I wanted to share.  It works on PC or Mac- I use Mac.  You can totally customize your records with windows and drop down menus for numbers dates and text.  You can add photos.  Your collection will be sortable by any of your defined values.  The app will download a file of your entire collection to your smart phone, pictures and all, so you can carry your entire collection with you, which has been very handy at conventions and other buying situations.  You can even specify photos to appear on your phone as full screen thumbnails (to save memory space) or hi-res images that you can zoom into.  

Jeremy- the owner/developer- is amazing.  In fact I'm writing this now because I'm so excited about an upgrade he made at my suggestion. I emailed him about a week ago and I just got an email notifying me that the upgrade was available.  I downloaded the upgrade and reinstalled the software and presto! A new feature has been added that makes the software fit my needs even more than it already had.  I've never had this kind of customer support ever.  

Theres a ton of other features and video demos- check out the Recollector web page at https://www.maprecord.com/Recollector.html

I've included a snapshot of a blank "index card" that I designed for my collection- in fact I redesigned it last night and all the changes rippled through my entire collection with no problems.  

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 2.00.57 PM.png

Edited by Black Bat