• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy ?

7 posts in this topic

ALCON, (All Concerned)

I have an opportunity to purchase a (Flash # 123) CGC Graded @ 8.0 - For ($3,200) 

When I've looked up the value of the comic & at that specific grade, it (is) overpriced by maybe ($600) but I'm not sure if & when I may have the opportunity (& means) to make a purchase like this.

Do I jump on it ? - In hopes the value goes up & happy with my decision "OR" let it slip through the cracks & or., value goes down & pay high price for a comic that I could potentially get for cheaper had I waited ????

On 2/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, ALMO3606 said:

ALCON, (All Concerned)

I have an opportunity to purchase a (Flash # 123) CGC Graded @ 8.0 - For ($3,200) 

When I've looked up the value of the comic & at that specific grade, it (is) overpriced by maybe ($600) but I'm not sure if & when I may have the opportunity (& means) to make a purchase like this.

Do I jump on it ? - In hopes the value goes up & happy with my decision "OR" let it slip through the cracks & or., value goes down & pay high price for a comic that I could potentially get for cheaper had I waited ????

Hi & welcome, you didn't mention if this was a take it or leave it  situation or if you have the opportunity to make an offer (either officially thru whatever venue you're looking at or informally like thru an email request)

I only did a very quick look and Watchcount reports an Ebay sale of that grade just 4 days ago where it was asking $3750 but settled for $3200 (per a tool on the Flipper tools website for accepted offers)

GoCollect free version lists a value at $2900.   So those numbers are around the asking price you quoted. You can also look up how many are graded at that level - not a lot though Ebay reports a 8.0 and a pair of 7.5 sell this year and another 7.5 shortly before Xmas.  I have no idea on how often a Flash 123 comes up for sale year to year. You can try the auction sites history too to help get an idea.

Secondly, no one can answer what it means to you to own it.  Is it strictly for the investment potential or a love of the character/story (or what % of each) ?

You know your finances and how X hundred dollars one way or the other affects you. You have to combine that with what that issue means to you.

I don't see the asking price as outrageous though I would say to try and negotiate if possible.   I don't see you as getting "taken for a ride" at that price but I can't answer if that's the best financial deal for you.

All I'll say is that you need to be sure you're happy with owning it at the price you can afford vs the disappointment of having to wait X more months. 

Good luck.

Can you please provide a copy of your tax returns for the last three and your driver's license? 

I'd make an offer, and probably buy if you get white pages.

But this book is REASONABLY popular and does come up reasonably often (although less so in high grade). 

I guess " why this book in this grade at this point in time?"  Examine those questions with yourself.