Undocumented Printing Error?
2 2

57 posts in this topic

1,673 posts

I had been reading a post by @Dan'el about Fantastic Four issue 201 where the upper right corner should clearly be red but is actually yellow. An obscure printing error and neat to see.

Well, I was flipping through my collection, doing some sorting and noticed another book with a similar flaw...Devil Dinosaur #3. The bottom right hand text bubble should have a red background but it ends up that the section is yellow. I borrowed some pics from ebay. There are two I can see for sale, one graded one not. 

s-l1600.jpg

 

The rest look like this, with the background of that bottom blurb correctly coloured. 

s-l1600.jpg

 

Just thought I would share since I could not find record of it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,728 posts
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 6:13 PM, gadzukes said:

Cool.   I love this sort of thing.

I agree. Devilishly delightful!   (worship)  :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,485 posts
6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:
7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

182ne.thumb.jpg.28d9db2ac39805599ce92f0ac77f048a.jpg

182pe1f.thumb.jpg.59db91a8fb270d635454967c4a93cb40.jpg

!

Its the shade of green...right?

There's a little clue under the pictures (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,158 posts
11 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Its the shade of green...right?

I thought that as well! But now! I can't! Bloody! Believe it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,673 posts
5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There's a little clue under the pictures (thumbsu

Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,485 posts
5 hours ago, Harry Lime said:

I thought that as well! But now! I can't! Bloody! Believe it!!!!

 

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin:

There's also a little bit of blue vs grey going on at the top right corner above the masthead too. Lots of printing issue variations with this issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849 posts
On 2/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I had been reading a post by @Dan'el about Fantastic Four issue 201 where the upper right corner should clearly be red but is actually yellow. An obscure printing error and neat to see.

Well, I was flipping through my collection, doing some sorting and noticed another book with a similar flaw...Devil Dinosaur #3. The bottom right hand text bubble should have a red background but it ends up that the section is yellow. I borrowed some pics from ebay. There are two I can see for sale, one graded one not. 

s-l1600.jpg

 

The rest look like this, with the background of that bottom blurb correctly coloured. 

s-l1600.jpg

 

Just thought I would share since I could not find record of it :)

Blanket smash or cracked plate on page 1 red  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849 posts
On 2/26/2020 at 5:53 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

1736389343_1882feet.jpg.85109438748f71dfff5a25099751afee.jpg 1282316333_188hand.PNG.5700638fcc9105b141b8c40d15a0225f.PNG 131821722_188red(2).jpg.69fa17fa44edb282986c302e656548af.jpg 1158988490_188yellowfoot(2).jpg.e9e91e927e55477ce3be60f878b3d4c1.jpg

No red ink  

Red+Yellow = Orange

When the red ink is too light, it'll turn orange color

If that's not it then, there's something wrong with the printing plate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849 posts
On 2/26/2020 at 5:54 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

196.thumb.jpg.f772a20b3f3e56861d07e3c9f2e02ad4.jpg

Red Plate cracked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849 posts
Posted (edited)

 

On 2/26/2020 at 6:06 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

179barcodemock.PNG.5991c79464bc6884bdfe2d5651f4d681.PNG

179barcode.thumb.jpg.15df404b6939cb4ef76c08ec95bcaa2a.jpg 179circle.thumb.jpg.a473c7147d407eebd8df0c2d8ae0aa10.jpg

 

Needs a new P.1 Black Plate  

Edited by Kevin76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849 posts
On 2/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

182ne.thumb.jpg.28d9db2ac39805599ce92f0ac77f048a.jpg

182pe1f.thumb.jpg.59db91a8fb270d635454967c4a93cb40.jpg

!

Black is running too light, either the ink fountain is running low on black or the press operator needs to adjust the ink keys to put more black on the paper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849 posts
On 2/26/2020 at 6:01 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

177pebstickerb.PNG.af8b0d8e83d9325d06814bb1c37251e0.PNG

Blanket smash or needs a new cyan plate  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2