• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's WORLD WAR HULK rumored development (TBD)
1 1

35 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

If Marvel Studios is going to dive deeper into Hulk, it'd be cool if they brought back/introduced more Hulk comics lore like Betty Ross or Doc Samson. Introducing Wolverine as a part of Ross's Thunderbolts Program kind of makes sense. 

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Marvel Studios is going to dive deeper into Hulk, it'd be cool if they brought back/introduced more Hulk comics lore like Betty Ross or Doc Samson. Introducing Wolverine as a part of Ross's Thunderbolts Program kind of makes sense. 

I would love them to do some form of 'Banner on the run' as Mark Ruffalo pitched to Feige like the old TV show. But of course tied to the grander Marvel Universe, which would surpass the old show's content.

57 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I would love them to do some form of 'Banner on the run' as Mark Ruffalo pitched to Feige like the old TV show. But of course tied to the grander Marvel Universe, which would surpass the old show's content.

As long as we get the "bear" scene.

The Incredible Hulk director, Louis Letterier, was posting on Reddit recently the behind-the-scenes details what went on with his film. It turns out Fox and the MCU were working out a Hugh Jackman appearance until Disney disrupted the negotiations.

incrediblehulk01l.thumb.jpg.d08a6a33b443c50c38c927b947a519c9.jpg

incrediblehulk02.thumb.jpg.585633658fa0f9cb3e3a443733828c32.jpg

incrediblehulk03.thumb.jpg.af671d45eca24a1e01d5c3733d9561a0.jpg

incrediblehulk04.thumb.jpg.7ee6978bef5d988209a8ec5b291a7a85.jpg

:frown:

The GWW has learned that a Hulk movie is on the way and it is currently being called, World War Hulk. Yes, we are finally have a new “solo” Hulk film in active development at Marvel Studios and we were told it is currently slated to start production in late 2022, likely following the events of the upcoming She-Hulk series on Disney +.

While She-Hulk plans to further expand on the Hulk mythos and cast of characters via streaming, this movie news might be confusing to some readers due to the rumored status of Hulk’s film rights. As some know, the reason why Hulk has only gotten one movie so far is because his film rights formerly belonged to Universal Pictures, but if our source is accurate (which luckily they have been) a new Hulk film means Marvel/Disney have regained the rights and World War Hulk may only be the first in a series of Hulk films to come.

The idea of WW Hulk is interesting.

I can completely see the Hulk's anger and frustration of what the Illuminati did to him.

But based on what the Hulk has done in the MCU and where they have the character currently (like refusing to come out and confront Thanos and then 'smart' Hulk),
I have to wonder what would be done to drive the MCU Hulk to that WW Hulk level.

I'm sure they can get him there in the MCU. I just wonder who/what will drive him to WW Hulk mode. Would it be friends or foes in the MCU?
I just hope it would have a more satisfactory final act than in the comics.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, HighVoltage said:

The idea of WW Hulk is interesting.

I can completely see the Hulk's anger and frustration of what the Illuminati did to him.

But based on what the Hulk has done in the MCU and where they have the character currently (like refusing to come out and confront Thanos and then 'smart' Hulk),
I have to wonder what would be done to drive the MCU Hulk to that WW Hulk level.

I'm sure they can get him there in the MCU. I just wonder who/what will drive him to WW Hulk mode. Would it be friends or foes in the MCU?
I just hope it would have a more satisfactory final act than in the comics.

So far, MCU storylines post-Endgame like WandaVision Loki and even Shang-Chi seem to be driven by the Multiverse and Multiversal energy ie chaos magic. I bet if the MCU is indeed developing some kind of World War Hulk story, that the multi-dimensional elements of Immortal Hulk will find its way into the -script. With the Immortal Hulk idea that gamma beings enter and exit our universe through a "green door", this could be a driving story element for an out of control unstoppable Hulk.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:27 AM, AGGIEZ said:

RED HULK?

Sounds like we might finally get to see Thunderbolt Ross as Red Hulk!

I concur

There have been 'good' Hulk moments in the movies - time for a great one.

Most under-used character out of the current Avengers roster

All of this is exciting in that the MCU is moving past my "serious" days of collecting (we'll say early 90's) and moving into storylines I'm not too familiar with (WW Hulk, Red Hulk, etc.). That said, I'll watch anything they put out. 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

For some reason I always get Planet Hulk and World War Hulk confused. For a minute I was thinking, "didn't they already somewhat adapt this in Ragnarok?"

Just remember: WWH is when the Hulk came back to Earth.

Just because they are calling it WWH at the moment - I wonder what the MCU will be doing here. Hulk has already been off-planet & come back.
It seems unlikely an Illuminati group is gonna send him off again.
Maybe we do get a General Ross Red Hulk and he battles it out with Banner? And if so - who would get in the middle of that? I dunno - just spitballing.