• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, buttock said:

Well done Jim.  That's such an amazing effort by Everett when he was at his peak.  He had evolved from his cartoony phase to his hyper-realistic phase, and to get that on a cover where he has work both above and below the surface of the water... :cloud9:  I mean look at the waves, the bubbles, the sub...

Only topped at the moment by an 8.5 ... probably another Circle 8. I'm curious to see what brought this one down, looks pretty strong from the scan. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Only topped at the moment by an 8.5 ... probably another Circle 8. I'm curious to see what brought this one down, looks pretty strong from the scan. GOD BLESS ...

The 8.5 is the Salida.  

2 minutes ago, buttock said:

The 8.5 is the Salida.  

:cloud9:

... I bet you need to be sitting down to look at that one. GOD BLESS...

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Finally took a deep breath and submitted an offer on this one... which was accepted. These guys, Charm_City, have a few other higher grade(...for Atlas) left. This is *ahem* no longer one of them. A badazz Everett war cover can't be dallied with. GOD BLESS....

g0pPqsp.jpg

They have the circle 8 number 2 too…:baiting:

D1F62F99-263B-466C-85DA-C5CC4D7C92F2.thumb.jpeg.3198dbf1be773c71570e37d091d01308.jpeg

817C86AF-5728-4F04-B096-24A8B80CB72C.gif.01f0305f25e6d3e6c5b19f43a904d5be.gif

5 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Here’s a crazy #2 for ya! In great condition but the out of register color strikes made it a cheap buy. I think it’s pretty cool! :cloud9:

Mystery Tales # 2 Printing Error.JPG

@Straw-Man

9 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Here’s a crazy #2 for ya! In great condition but the out of register color strikes made it a cheap buy. I think it’s pretty cool! :cloud9:

Mystery Tales # 2 Printing Error.JPG

Love it (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A couple new Heath Atlas war just in. You can always tell his stuff on Atlas due to the "dead guy" on most of them. 

I always wondered why his Atlas war is so hot but his DC war is just so so in the marketplace?

combattlefront23.jpg

combattle26.jpg

Me too ... his DC stuff is more refined, but maybe that "off -the- chain" formative enthusiasm of his earlier work attracts a larger buying pool (shrug) GOD BLESS...

On 5/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, Robot Man said:

A couple new Heath Atlas war just in. You can always tell his stuff on Atlas due to the "dead guy" on most of them. 

I always wondered why his Atlas war is so hot but his DC war is just so so in the marketplace?

He drew very few covers for DC War during the 1950s (my quick search found only 5 6). 

He wasn't heavily used in the rotation until the early 60s and those books are not scarce and so don't grab the attention or prices of books from the 50s.

Edited by adamstrange

5 hours ago, N e r V said:

Paid off today after being on hold...:banana:

4875813D-18A3-4CC0-8791-E38A68A249A6.jpeg.f5fa2dc3b9e288732d96ad845455b314.jpeg

172325D7-D55D-4793-9974-42FC2B9DCB74.jpeg.3d9b5e0ba41be012ae06f6ee23e212c8.jpeg

Money was tight when Rich had those sweet Atlas books up on his site.... When I circled back a couple months later, many were gone... I was a fool not to get the ST 50 ... GOD BLESS ...

15 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Money was tight when Rich had those sweet Atlas books up on his site.... When I circled back a couple months later, many were gone... I was a fool not to get the ST 50 ... GOD BLESS ...

Why that one? Was it super high grade or just to add another Everett?

Edited by N e r V

20 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Why that one? Was it super high grade or just to add another Everett?

It's the Gaines and Feldstein cover.... I always liked it, I never see a pretty one, AND it is an Everett :cloud9: ... he probably would have done payments, but I had already asked him to hold a Mighty Mouse and then I forgot about it. I was too embarrassed to ask again. He also had a sweet 60. GOD BLESS...

12 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

It's the Gaines and Feldstein cover.... I always liked it, I never see a pretty one, AND it is an Everett :cloud9: ... he probably would have done payments, but I had already asked him to hold a Mighty Mouse and then I forgot about it. I was too embarrassed to ask again. He also had a sweet 60. GOD BLESS...

Love it too, I always hear the Traveling Wilburys in my head when I see this cover. What grade did he have his in?

Strange Tales # 50.jpg