• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Patsy's all the rage now. Al Jaffee's work was great and established the character, at least for the first half of the run. Al Hartley's work as the cover artist for the remainder of the series was merely meh, imho. A far cry from the gorgeous art he did for Atlas on their earlier romance books.

But this book...this book is something else entirely

PatsyWalker93fc100_zpsgf1f7je3.jpg

Patsy's all the rage now. Al Jaffee's work was great and established the character, at least for the first half of the run. Al Hartley's work as the cover artist for the remainder of the series was merely meh, imho. A far cry from the gorgeous art he did for Atlas on their earlier romance books.

Great! Don't think I've seen that one before.

Morning Dr. I believe you were the one who asked me for Patsy's at the Yorba Linda show. I don't believe I had any you needed. I was against the wall next to Carbo. Too bad we did not meet "officially". I always like your posts.

Morning Dr. I believe you were the one who asked me for Patsy's at the Yorba Linda show. I don't believe I had any you needed. I was against the wall next to Carbo. Too bad we did not meet "officially". I always like your posts.

Hey RM. No that wasn't me, but I did have it in mind to try and find and meet you. And Brian too. But got there a little late, and then got caught up at Harley's and Terry's, chatting with Inaflash and Silver, throwing venomous glances at Beschara and generally avoiding Mike C's area. His gravitational pull is too strong for me. Last year at Yorba I asked him a question and 45 minutes later I'm still trying to get away and not make a commitment for a table at his new Con in Queens or some such.

If I get to WonderCon I will definitely make it a point to shake your hand. Glad you're posting now, brother!

Hey RM. No that wasn't me, but I did have it in mind to try and find and meet you. And Brian too. But got there a little late, and then got caught up at Harley's and Terry's, chatting with Inaflash and Silver, throwing venomous glances at Beschara and generally avoiding Mike C's area. His gravitational pull is too strong for me. Last year at Yorba I asked him a question and 45 minutes later I'm still trying to get away and not make a commitment for a table at his new Con in Queens or some such.

If I get to WonderCon I will definitely make it a point to shake your hand. Glad you're posting now, brother!

I haven't been to the West Coast since the '60's..... you folks are making me want to thumb out there and check it out. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I haven't been to the West Coast since the '60's..... you folks are making me want to thumb out there and check it out. GOD BLESS...

Hey Jimbo, it's probably changed just a little since the '60's but come on out, the water is just fine!

That explains why the place went to hell -- you and I left! :D

That explains why the place went to hell -- you and I left! :D

.... they ran me out of the State and said to never come back...... but I'm better now. Besides, they probably wouldn't even recognize me..... you know, touch of gray and all that. GOD BLESS...

After that incredible load of high grade Atlas, this one should make you shiver. One weird Atlas "annual" some kid tore the covers off about 30 Atlas, EC and DC war comics and made his own custom bound volume. Took me a few days to read it. I got it from Terry Stroud cheap at a con. Everybody wanted to buy it from me but I kept it and gave it a good home. Check out the size of this monster!

comatlaswarannual1_zpshevdtiqs.jpg

comatlaswarannual2_zpsqtalfcsc.jpg

comatlaswarannual3_zpsoeny8kvf.jpg

After that incredible load of high grade Atlas, this one should make you shiver. One weird Atlas "annual" some kid tore the covers off about 30 Atlas, EC and DC war comics and made his own custom bound volume. Took me a few days to read it. I got it from Terry Stroud cheap at a con. Everybody wanted to buy it from me but I kept it and gave it a good home. Check out the size of this monster!

.....that really is kind of cool...... only known copy, eh ? GOD BLESS...

.....that really is kind of cool...... only known copy, eh ? GOD BLESS...

That's awesome. I have a similar book where a kid cut out a bunch of Russ Heath stories from Atlas war & stapled them back under one cover. That kid had great taste!

New batch of slabs just received back.

Some disappointments, as usual, but some surprises, too.

Great batch of books. I especially like the Marvel Tales 134, always liked that cover. Per your Registry, this is your first slabbed Marvel Tales ?

Edited by bomber-bob