• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,302 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, buttock said:

Bingeing through this thread.  I have 2 beautiful early war books with this same T stamp.  I wonder how many more there are?

I heard that these are Rockfords but I have never been able to verify that.

5 minutes ago, buttock said:
On 5/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, MrBedrock said:

suspense10.jpg

Bingeing through this thread.  I have 2 beautiful early war books with this same T stamp.  I wonder how many more there are?

I don't know that I have ever noticed it before.

6 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I heard that these are Rockfords but I have never been able to verify that.

Weird.  The stamp is pretty different, but they are pretty nice copies.  Maybe I'll email Mark and ask him. 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, sorry not GA but had a couple of questions and thought you folks might know.

Picked up this cool reader from Catrick a  while ago for a mere 10 spot. 

Cool issue with Severin and Ditko interior art. Now, although un-credited, and in-signed, does this look like an Everett cover? Also, does this story look like Wally Wood or possibly Sid Check? It is also un-signed. 

I welcome your opinions.

5B11BB87-8E02-47A4-BEE9-0C9C1D0C4B8E.jpeg

1FBB1BDA-D61C-4B6A-AEA3-E1BA7B8120C4.jpeg

38A6E081-5924-4F50-997C-75CF8A26BE6C.jpeg

173EB7BC-21EE-4F74-8600-EB1B7D820EB6.jpeg

C4370498-DB6A-4C08-955A-F2E4FACD7DC8.jpeg

Coming back to the cover on this one.  I think it's Maneely with Burgos.  The gal at the bottom has the Maneely mouth, but Burgos was apt to add his touches after the code as he was the art director.  Basically that means he puritanized it and added chicken scratch shading all over the place.  Doc V has a running list of these that's really interesting to see the before and after.  http://timely-atlas-comics.blogspot.com/2016/10/atlas-errata-cover-alterations-and.html?m=1

How's that for a delayed reply @Robot Man?

9 hours ago, buttock said:

Coming back to the cover on this one.  I think it's Maneely with Burgos.  The gal at the bottom has the Maneely mouth, but Burgos was apt to add his touches after the code as he was the art director.  Basically that means he puritanized it and added chicken scratch shading all over the place.  Doc V has a running list of these that's really interesting to see the before and after.  http://timely-atlas-comics.blogspot.com/2016/10/atlas-errata-cover-alterations-and.html?m=1

How's that for a delayed reply @Robot Man?

I think the cover is all Burgos except for the female head by Maneely.  I suspect there was interference by Stan because there were too many people in the foreground where you only saw the back of their heads.  This makes sense from the standpoint of the design and scene being depicted, however, Stan wanted another face to be seen as that would be more likely to entice someone into buying the book.

4 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I think the cover is all Burgos except for the female head by Maneely.  I suspect there was interference by Stan because there were too many people in the foreground where you only saw the back of their heads.  This makes sense from the standpoint of the design and scene being depicted, however, Stan wanted another face to be seen as that would be more likely to entice someone into buying the book.

(thumbsu