GA COMIC BOOK Collecting in the Financial crisis of 2020
5 5

821 posts in this topic

470 posts

It's a great summary of how markets ebb and flow.  It should serve as a reminder for everyone to be calm and patient. Your only way too lock in losses is to sell during market dips. The same is true with collectibles. Don't panic sell during dips. 

I think collectors should kick back, be patient, look for good buying opportunities and otherwise enjoy their collection. 

11,558 posts
3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

It's a great summary of how markets ebb and flow.  It should serve as a reminder for everyone to be calm and patient.

This also serves as a good reminder that it's always wise to ensure you have diversification in your investments.  hm

Although the financial equity markets always seems to be the main item in most people's investment basket, it never hurts to also have a bit of real estate and for vintage comic book collectors like us, your basket also looks a lot more attractive with some vintage collectible comic books in there on days like this.  (thumbsu

2,669 posts
6 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Maybe it's the kid in me, but I can't wrap my head around thinking of comics as an investment, despite there obvious value. 

I think it's because I just enjoy them to much lol. The art, the stories, the history.  I enjoy investing to... At least I did until the last few weeks.  

But as my kids school shuts down, there are no sports on and all the cons have been cancelled, I can't think of a better time to break open some 1950s Atlas and EC tales about society crumbling and virus outbreaks...  Or monsters. 

A man after my own heart; I couldn't agree more!  And my normal "M.O." in the late evenings is to read either my pre-code crime or horror comics for an hour or three.  And I've got a helluva lot of them to read, eh eh.

1,176 posts
15 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I know I made my largest purchase in my collecting career last Friday so either I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or I am a genius.  I am leaning more on the insufficiently_thoughtful_person side but not because of the purchase.

7828083F-E8B8-4ECB-BADF-607EDF79AE74.jpeg

That's incredible !!

24,982 posts
34 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I know I made my largest purchase in my collecting career last Friday

7828083F-E8B8-4ECB-BADF-607EDF79AE74.jpeg

major congrats :golfclap:

5,575 posts
4 hours ago, Yorick said:

I too have just bought some original art that will now be the highest I've paid for artwork (doesn't beat how much I've paid for a comic though).  Congrats to us both!!

PIC please

10,816 posts

I'm still buying. Hopefully I'm not being naive. 

711 posts

I'm looking to sell all my high grade golden age Supes for pennies on the dollar if anyone is interested? :grin:

1,871 posts

I believe there will be a buyers market in a couple of month, even more than it was in the 2008 time frame. This time its 2007 2.0. Sad for me that the Euro is down.

1,243 posts
4 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm looking to sell all my high grade golden age Supes for pennies on the dollar if anyone is interested? :grin:

Send them over. I might give you nickels on the dollar!!