• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA COMIC BOOK Collecting in the Financial crisis of 2020
3 3

908 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

My instanalysis: Now is a great time to buy GA as money is being focused on other ages. 

It would also be a great time to trade up, in terms of selling "hot" SA books and changing  them to the "warm" GA books, in the long run you should get better material and overall value if you have the ability to hang on to your great GA. I agree with you,  also great timing to trade UP

Edited by Mmehdy

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

It would also be a great time to trade up, in terms of selling "hot" SA books and changing  them to the "warm" GA books, in the long run you should get better material and overall value if you have the ability to hang on to your great GA. I agree with you,  also great timing to trade UP

I have thought about doing this often. 

What if I sold several big silver keys and went after an all time grail? A Batman 1 or Cap 1? Or something cool like Silver Streak 6. 

The problem is, at today's prices, I know I Would never replace those SA keys. 

On 3/28/2021 at 4:10 PM, KCOComics said:

I have thought about doing this often. 

What if I sold several big silver keys and went after an all time grail? A Batman 1 or Cap 1? Or something cool like Silver Streak 6. 

The problem is, at today's prices, I know I Would never replace those SA keys. 

Just for giggles, I’m going to see how much Cap 1 goes for on GPA...

The prices are so out of my wheelhouse but I suspect low six figures for a low grade blue label...

Edited by piper

5 hours ago, piper said:

Just for giggles, I’m going to see how much Cap 1 goes for on GPA...

The prices are so out of my wheelhouse but I suspect low six figures for a low grade blue label...

In my opinion Cap #1 is still underpriced. As the difference between 1938 and 1941 to collectors dissipates over time between collectors, this book will rise. In the early days of collecting the very early 1970's the major downplay on Cap #1 was the date 1941...there was and maybe to some slight extend the division of 1938/1939 GA books based on publication date. This age value  disappeared somewhat and its the book itself, its content and significance which is coming to the forefront of current GA  pricing. I know that ever since I have been on the boards I have touted Cap1 as best/unpriced GA key. In 2021, I still maintain that position so if any GA true comic book collector still has the juice to get one, do it. I think Cap#1 was revolutionary in terms of story, action depiction in comic books itself and timing.

Edited by Mmehdy