• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this acceptable in a 9.6 for an ASM 252? (pic)

14 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's pretty solid other than that, but damn is that a huge flaw. Thing that sucks is It was impossible to see in photos. This hobby is downright aggravating. I get screwed on poorly graded raw books, and then just as screwed on "professionally" graded...

Edit:...Well holy mess. Now I know why. The one they sent doesn't match the serial on the photo

Edited by godparticl

8 hours ago, godparticl said:

Got a return for it, so I guess it can be someone else's problem. Still, that shouldn't be a 9.6 at all

was the case cracked or opened? and also what does the label say? 

17 hours ago, godparticl said:

Nah, it looked brand new. Label? I mean it's just a normal blue label. Graded in feb of this year

can u show a picture of the entire slab.. as in maybe someone opened it slightly to switch out books or to switch out labels..  this is why I was asking about cracks and the label.. to see if any tampering has been done. 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:44 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

That's still slabbed, correct?

Yeah, it was slabbed. Looked great other than that book imperfection

On 3/18/2020 at 2:25 PM, Krismusic said:

can u show a picture of the entire slab.. as in maybe someone opened it slightly to switch out books or to switch out labels..  this is why I was asking about cracks and the label.. to see if any tampering has been done. 

Oh,  already sent back to the seller. It wasn't tampered with from what I saw. It looks worse in the pic because up close, but still it was pretty noticeable enough to warrant a lesser grade IMO