• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay for Streaming New MCU Movies?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

I think I would pay $49.99 if it included buying it and it's must see Block Busters.  My logic is that I'd spend about $18 (I'm in DC also) to go to the theater and another $20 to buy it on iTunes and $12 for a convince fee (I spent $7 for a Large Coke when I saw  1917 and it didn't even include refills!! I didn't know that until after I bough it LOL). Personally I'm indifferent to the whole Theater experience.

Edited by Xenosmilus

If it is a choice between instant gratification for $49.99 or waiting three months, I will wait three months 100% of the time. I broke down and rented Gettysbugh this weekend when Amazon had the extended version for $2. I cant recall the previous movie I paid to watch at home. I get Disney+ from Verizon, get Netflix from my sisters account and have free trial memberships with Hulu and WWE., as well as everything Amazon Prime offers. 

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

If it is a choice between instant gratification for $49.99 or waiting three months, I will wait three months 100% of the time. I broke down and rented Gettysbugh this weekend when Amazon had the extended version for $2. I cant recall the previous movie I paid to watch at home. I get Disney+ from Verizon, get Netflix from my sisters account and have free trial memberships with Hulu and WWE., as well as everything Amazon Prime offers. 

We trade across the family. 

What do I give?

• I bought the subscription to Disney+ at the Labor Day special for like $3 a month for the next three years?  I gave that to my parents, girlfriend, and my brother.  (Got that before Verizon made the 1 year announcement) 
  • I subscribe to Netflix which I give to my parents.
  • I have Amazon Prime - which, without the shows, I would still subscribe to... I give that to my parents...

What am I getting back?

• WWE from my brother
  • Optimum Cable Package from my parents including HBO, Showtime, YES, Fox Sports and the usuals... 

I am using an Apple TV hooked up to my regular TV and using a Verizon Fios connection. 

We share across our households. 

I *might* pay $12 to watch Eternals at home rather than wait three months, if it were so delayed. That's on the bubble for me as a must-see, potentially epic film.

But...I've never read an Eternals comc, nor felt the need.

No inherent nostaglia / emotional connection to the characters.

well, i had promised my 5 year old a month ago that we'd go see ONWARD when it opened in theaters. then this sh*t happened. luckily they've put it in the apple store, (for sale only now) so i bought it for $20 and we watched it at home yesterday. it was most enjoyable, cheaper than if we had gone to the theater, and i'm glad they are releasing new movies way faster now that we have no other options. for upcoming new stuff, if theaters remain closed, they should just continue with this policy. maybe charge $25 for a new movie. i would not pay more than that, i think. hopefully in a month or two at the most, this won't be an issue. 

On 3/20/2020 at 8:50 PM, Xenosmilus said:

So if Black Widow actually goes to streaming and not to Theaters first what would you pay for 1 viewing VS buying VS waiting?  I was thinking maybe 1 viewing for $49.99 with the rationale that if a family of 4 went to the theater that's about what they would pay or buying it out right for say $99.99.  This is only in regards for premium direct to home viewing movies.  What would you pay or think is fair? 

tree fiddy