• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2020 at 2:45 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Miniscule amount of people?

New York City alone has now lost 6,000 people to this virus.

That's more than twice the number of people who died on 9/11.

And other states are simply two weeks behind NYC.

The government (which literally ordered 100,000 body bags this week for the expected national dead) has every right to impose martial law to tell people to shelter in place.

:roflmao:

No.

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:roflmao:

No.

You doubt the government has the right to impose martial law?

It absolutely does, under the Insurrection Act of 1807. While it's largely limited to state governments (thus, up to governors rather than the U.S. president), it's real - and was widely used in the first half of the 20th century.

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

You doubt the government has the right to impose martial law?

It absolutely does, under the Insurrection Act of 1807. While it's largely limited to state governments (thus, up to governors rather than the U.S. president), it's real - and was widely used in the first half of the 20th century.

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law (10 U.S.C. §§ 251255)[1] (until 2016, found at 10 US Code, Chapter 15, §§ 331–335, renumbered to 10 USC, Chapter 13, §§ 251–255) that governs the ability of the President of the United States to deploy military troops within the United States to put down lawlessness, insurrection, and rebellion.

If they tried it - we'd be looking at another civil war. 2c

Freedom is greater than fear.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law (10 U.S.C. §§ 251255)[1] (until 2016, found at 10 US Code, Chapter 15, §§ 331–335, renumbered to 10 USC, Chapter 13, §§ 251–255) that governs the ability of the President of the United States to deploy military troops within the United States to put down lawlessness, insurrection, and rebellion.

If they tried it - we'd be looking at another civil war. 2c

Freedom is greater than fear.

Really?

What about when it was used by the governor of Alabama to activate the national guard to enforce school segregation in 1961?

Or the fact that the Associated Press published a piece this week explaining that Nevada's activation of the national guard re. COVID-19 response "isn't martial law?"

If you've already entered the grey area where governors are literally having to explain how their deployment of troops "isn't martial law," you're closer to it than you'd think.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Really?

What about when it was used by the governor of Alabama to activate the national guard to enforce school segregation in 1961?

Or the fact that the Associated Press published a piece this week explaining that Nevada's activation of the national guard re. COVID-19 response "isn't martial law?"

If you've already entered the grey area where governors are literally having to explain how their deployment of troops "isn't martial law," you're closer to it than you'd think.

Sisolak activated the Guard on Wednesday for logistical planning and delivery of medical supplies ahead of an expected spike in patients with the respiratory illness.

That's not martial law. No one cares if the NG is deployed to help with medical care and supply distribution. It needs to be said because there are people just looking for a fight and it's good on the officials to make sure the public knows they're not out there to infringe on your freedom.

If the fed bois wanna play doctor - we don't care. lol

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

and the reaction to that was quite in keeping with the rights and power of a federal republic to correct such stupidity.

the fact that the Associated Press published a piece this week explaining that Nevada's activation of the national guard re. COVID-19 response "isn't martial law?"

the only fact is that it was was a published piece with fluff, innuendo, and a horrible interpretation and conclusion, and i think you may also have misinterpreted, but we all do sometimes.

it is not a grey area. it is an inability of the communicator to articulate and explain, and in a number of the cases to date, citing legal premises incorrectly, or for convenient political reasons. it happens. a lot. usually by governors, and members of congress. and politicians, and board members and media personalities. if this did not occur on a regular basis, we would be bored to death about now and blowing our face off, because there would be no tv or radio media to pizz everybody off.

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Really?

You're arguing with someone who believes his freedom give him the right to walk through a CV-19 pandemic without following rules laid out by governing health organizations and put others at risk.

You can't have a logical conversation with someone like that.

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You're arguing with someone who believes his freedom give him the right to walk through a CV-19 pandemic without following rules laid out by governing health organizations and put others at risk.

You can't have a logical conversation with someone like that.

i don't know about all that, but the well meaning rebuttal was extra ordinary in comparison to the reality.

i think there may have been other examples to use to make a better comparison. kent state comes to mind, as 1.

18 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I dont live in South Florida which has been shut down for weeks. I was referring to my area, as well as CGC's on the gulf coast coast almost West of me,I think Sarasota Co has 40 cases... Im in Central Florida, East Coast (Brevard Co)on the beach. We have 70+ cases in my entire county that stretches 72 miles of the coast line. So unless you are in DADE/Miami, Broward/Ft laud, Palm Beach co or Orange Co/Orlando, the largest Population areas, or counties that didnt take active measures... your response is like saying I live in New York(City)  if i said New York, as opposed to New York the State, in some small upstate town/County with almost no cases. Do you understand this? 

I surfed all weekend in my backyard, BBQ'd...watched virtual NASCAR this afternoon on FOX and goin to go run my pool service business tomorrow and surf after... ITS all about where you live and who's running the local government there. LIFES A BEACH HERE BUD...

I grew up in Satellite beach and if you replaced pool service with pressure washing I would think you were one of my best friends still living there :)  Yup life is a beach on the peninsula. 

12 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

So... People being in public aren't putting themselves at risk...? Okay. lol

No one's making anyone else go outside. If you're afraid - stay home. I'll continue D2D operations as I see fit.

See what I mean?

14 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

So... People being in public aren't putting themselves at risk...? Okay. lol

No one's making anyone else go outside. If you're afraid - stay home. I'll continue D2D operations as I see fit.

A person's right to throw a punch ends before it hits another person's face. 

You got a STD, and you have sex with someone without telling them before hand and give them the disease, then you face civil liability and jail time.  

You violate lawful government stay at home orders and you potentially face the same consequences.  

Them's the facts. 

Edited by sfcityduck

2 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

A person's right to throw a punch ends before it hits another person's face. 

You got a STD, and you have sex with someone without telling them know before hand and give them the disease, then you face civil liability and jail time.  

You violate lawful government stay at home orders and you potentially face the same consequences.  

Them's the facts.

Fact: I don't knowingly have COVID, so the comparison is irrelevant.

There's nothing to enforce. I can just tell the bois that I'm going out for a loaf of bread. Anyone can. What're they gonna do? Nothing - as they should.

You wanna go so low as attempting to insult someone because you think your opinions are the be-all end-all of any moral quandary? That's a good example of hypocrisy, man.

Respectful discourse is in short supply these days.

Edit: As usual, of course, the ad hominem begins when you've lost and cannot defend your perception.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus